• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Regular Thumbnails V/S Cropped Thumbnails

pcunit

Chevereto Member
Hi

Is there any way to get a mini version of the images as thumbnails rather than cropped ones? For example if the thumbnail size is set to 200 the longer side should not be more than 200 and the shorter side reduced accordingly.

Thanks

No. The medium size fills that gap. Not the thumbs which are fixed.

No, there's no setting for that. You will have to edit the source code if you want to achieve that.

This is what generates the thumb:

[CODE lang="php" title="app/lib/classes/class.image.php"]// Thumb sized image
$image_thumb = self::resize($image_upload['uploaded']['file'], dirname($image_upload['uploaded']['file']), $image_upload['uploaded']['name'] . '.th', $image_thumb_options);[/CODE]

You have to alter the $image_thumb_options array and make sure to calculate the appropriate resolution for your thumbs which has to be reflected in the width and height array keys.

I do not like Backgrounds of the tumbs. When PNG image is transparent, this color is replaced by black on the thumbnails. How to change this color to some other or ideally it would be changed to a repeat background image, such as in Adobe Photoshop.
What about changing the transparent background on the small and medium thumbs to the repeat image like attached file

Attachments

• 1_(52).jpg
    1_(52).jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
The black background is added by the client device, for example the web browser. To add a background will break the use of the thumb with transparency.

Yes, I would like to force my background instead of transparent for png small and medium thumbs. Please tell me where you can specify it?

Yes, I would like to force my background instead of transparent for png small and medium thumbs. Please tell me where you can specify it?
That should be in the resize class, but the system doesn't take an argument to customize the background. You need to do another image and then resize it, otherwise you will be generating backgrounds for all sizes, not only thumbs.

Back