• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Registered user can't change album name and image title

M

magvai

Hello folks i

I have one suggestion for all of you to maybe Rodolfo can change for next update.

Will be pretty nice if registered users can't change their titles for images and name for albums.Why? Because if user change a title of image and change a album name in a bad word, then adsense is in danger. Ok,someone will say now: I have lot of bad words in my images and albums and i am ok with adsense. Yes,but you not know when Google adsense team will found that in you title.
I hope so that this option for disabling to user can change a title for images and name of albums,will be maybe in next update. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
What if they upload image or create an album with a bad title? They have to give a some title at time of creating album, so limiting ability to change later may not be of much use. You should be looking at preventing them from using bad names both at the time of creation and changing title later.

As far as Google is concerned I think they are little light on these bad words thing. They allow it to some extend. The Google content guidelines say may not include "Excessive profanity"

Ref: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/48182?hl=en

I appreciate your suggestion and I agree on that we need moderation but I don't share your way of dealing with it. I think that there are better ways to do it (cheaper for everybody) and everything related to these moderations is already on the roadmap.

You have to always think first in the user experience, not in making your job easier. That's the key on Chevereto, I don't just add stuff to keep customers happy, I add stuff that I know that will get the job done and don't mess with the user experience. If I stop to pay attention to that you won't get people using your website.

Sure thing that blocking further editing after moderation approval will make your job easier but just think about the caveats involved in such procedure:

1. Something like this needs a post-editing revision system. What if someone just wants to change DSC00001 for "Family eating burritos"? The user will be prompt that the change needs revision and you will have to review these changes, another job load to your daily work.

2. In an ocean of image hosting services, users will prefer a website where every change is instant without approval. Implementing this "lock" will drive your users away, it feels too invasive. Changes could get pushed and the image re-flagged to don't display ads until you re-approve it, but again, is more work for you.

3. If the problem is certain bad words, what about a bad word filter? Is cheap and easy to implement and you won't need to review every change. Just list the words not allowed to be used and done.

4. If the concern is the quality of the content that is used to display Adsense, I think that the best thing to do is to manually flag the images that appear on listings and only in those show banners. If the image is pending review it won't show ads at all, it won't get even listed. Images won't change, the text does. We should focus on auto-restrict text and manually flag safe/unsafe for ads each image so we do just one moderation per image, not a loop of revisions on every change.

Sounds good?

3. If the problem is certain bad words, what about a bad word filter? Is cheap and easy to implement and you won't need to review every change. Just list the words not allowed to be used and done.

Nice.Bad word filter is the best solution to we not be worried about if user change image title or album title. I hope so because you said is cheaper, you will implement this thing in next update.

We should focus on auto-restrict text and manually flag safe/unsafe for ads each image so we do just one moderation per image, not a loop of revisions on every change.

I know that my suggestion not fit your script and maybe users will not like that option if they can't make image as safe. But i think if they submit image then they can't change title and that is normal.Example: Every image is in unsafe mood with mkerala safety system ( mkerala 5 stars for that thing) and then after user see that is unsafe he will put to safe,and that is danger.
Rodolfo you can put in admin panel on disable and enable if admin want that. User "can mark as safe" and "user can't mark as safe"

Every admin will decide and then depend how they want to generate his own website,nobody can care about that,because that is private business. And user can only make complain to that admin why he can't change to safe mood. If that website is not suitable with that option,they can go to other website,simple. I think this have some sense and is not hard to understand all other admins,everybody have different view on adsense. Thanks

Moderation is scheduled for current v3.10.X series, it will work similar to what @mkerala2 does but with another database field. Aims to pre-approval before listing + place ads. Bad word filter will be added to this moderation system because it helps us to do less work and keeps our websites safe, but it won't be on next release because v3.10.2 is almost ready and I want to release it within this month.

Great news. Thanks. And one suggestion about bad word filter.

When user want to submit image title or album title,or when user want to change image title and album title,word will be automatically discarded.. I mean is better to user can see message(pop up) :"put other word" .And bad word can't be replaced with sign for example ********* then that will be indexed on Google which is not good. And best option is to only receive pop up message, without any signs for hidden word.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moderation is scheduled for current v3.10.X series, it will work similar to what @mkerala2 does but with another database field. Aims to pre-approval before listing + place ads. Bad word filter will be added to this moderation system because it helps us to do less work and keeps our websites safe, but it won't be on next release because v3.10.2 is almost ready and I want to release it within this month.

Good to finally get native moderation and banned word filter. I remember I did suggest banned word filter earlier https://chevereto.com/community/threads/banned-file-names-for-image-upload.8079/

I am curious how the banned word filter will work. Whether it will ask user to change file name or flag it to the moderator. Because associated with each bad word there will be a adult pic too. If we allow them to upload by changing title the adult image will still going to get uploaded with a clean name.

Back