• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

"Real Name" Casing & Image Max Width...

akchev

Chevereto Member
Hello, I have two questions in regards to customization...

1) How do I alter the casing for the users real name? As of now, if a visitor registers with the username of "johnpics" the real name automatically becomes "Johnpics" with a capital J (until they change it). I would like the casing for the real name to be all lowercase. E.g., user "johnpics" has a real name of "john pics" or "johnathan smith" rather than "John Pics" or "Jonathan Smith" ----please guide me.

2) Image "Max Width" ; Lets say user "johnpics" uploads a 2048PX image that is less than 2MB in file size. Is it possible that the image is shrunk down to 1280PX (example) while keeping aspect ratio? If so, watermarks with a fixed width (in this case... 1280PX...) would look 100% the same on every single image uploaded unless the original image has a width that is less than 1280PX...

I want this mainly for the watermark feature. If this is possible... all the admin would have to do is create a watermark design that has a width of 1280PX (E.g., 50PX by 1280PX) and set the "watermark position" to either TOP, MIDDLE or BOTTOM. -----please guide me.

Thank you!

Last edited:
1) app/lib/classess/class.user.php

PHP:
        if(empty($user['name'])) {
            $user['name'] = ucfirst($user['username']);
        }

2) No, unless you do some custom coding in the class.image.php check the uploadToWebsite method.

And for the watermark thing you are talking about each different watermark by admin?

Yes, for example...

If an autoresize to a maxwidth is enabled than each site owner (admin) can create a watermark PNG file that matches the maxwidth the images are shrunk down to. That said, if the maxwidth is set to 1280PX they can create a 50PX by 1280PX watermark and set it's position to either TOP, MIDDLE or BOTTOM and every watermark will look the same on every image. As of now the watermark looks huge a different size on a 1500PX image and different on a 1000PX image. I hope I made sense, sorry if I do not explain good.

At this time there isn't a way to use adaptive watermark images but it will be added in the future.

Ok great, this all sounds good :)

@Rodolfo , I found the code in the user.class.php file... however... I am not sure what to do/what to edit?

Can you please reply with some detail on what my code should look like if I would like for the user's real name to be all lowercase?

That way it is echo/printed out like "name's Images" or "name's Albums" rather than "Name's Images" or "Name's Albums" ...

I figured what to edit to make "Images" and "Albums" say anything I want it to say. But yea...

I have no clue on what to edit/replace so the users real name is all lowercase (like how the username is)

Please assist if you can, thanks regardless!

Change this:
PHP:
 $user['name'] = ucfirst($user['username']);

To this:
PHP:
 $user['name'] = strtolower($user['username']);

Last edited:
Sorry, it shoud be:

PHP:
 $user['name'] = strtolower($user['username']);

Back