• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Re: Previous Ticket

zanjani1

Chevereto Member
I am a little confused about your response that you only support version 3.20. When I purchased the Network License I was informed that the purchase included free support for the entire lifespan of version 3 and V 4 until Nov. 2022.

Attachments

• chevereto license.png
    chevereto license.png
    210.3 KB · Views: 2
  • chevereto support terms.png
    chevereto support terms.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 2
I am not going to argue over this because it is not worth the time and stress since we are not dealing with a large purchase, but out of principle, I need to say this condition was not specified when I made the purchase (as you can see in the attached screenshot) and makes little sense when an attempt to update to the latest release causes a total crash of the app. It is like selling a five-year service contract for a car but failing to say upfront that if you don't change your car every year and get the latest model the service contract doesn't apply.

Attachments

• chevereto support terms.png
    chevereto support terms.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 1
You could ask around, support here, since 2011 have been always for the latest release. As users got access to the last software, I only support the latest version.

It is like selling a five-year service contract for a car but failing to say upfront that if you don't change your car every year and get the latest model the service contract doesn't apply.
Does Ford also have an Open Source release model? https://chevereto.com/open-source

Context always change your way of seeing things.

The context is pretty simple. X offers a product for sale and makes a representation that the purchase price includes free tech support for "the lifespan of the purchased major version." The purchased major version is 3. X may be donating all his revenue to a charity or offering other products for free, but that doesn't change the terms of the purchase contract; and a new customer should not be required to read all the posts in the support forum to make sure support is actually what was advertised.

Again, I am having this discussion with you as a matter of principle, because the money involved is relatively small and not worth arguing over. You appear to be a straight shooter and speak your mind without a filter. I am the same. I will tell you if I believe your position is wrong. I will also tell you when you are right. On this issue, I believe your position is objectively unreasonable.

I think that I should have explained myself better.

I only offer support for the latest release is because that's what I can do. There's unquestionably a market for supporting old software, folks at Canonical make their living exactly that... I don't offer support for the old releases because is too expensive for me, meaning that any addon costs will impact the purchase price.

Support for old releases requires a lot of infra that I'm just getting started to build and feel confident offering such service. Soon as I get able to I will offer such services, but at this time is not an option.

But don't worry, I will require SLA for V4 which will remove all the ambiguous interpretations.

Thanks for your feedback.

Back