• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Questions about shortURL and removing copy function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

inept

Chevereto Member
first two questions are about the shortURL page.
i want to change to chevereto image in the top left corner.

when i change this in shorturl.php

PHP:
<h1><a href="<?php show_base_url(); ?>"><?php show_domain(); ?></a></h1>

no matter what i change to to the chevereto logo over writes it.

i changed it to
PHP:
<h1><a href="<?php show_base_url(); ?>">my logo link</a></h1>

and its still the chevereto logo.
i then removed the link codes and my logo showed. but trying to make that logo link anywhere always turns it back into a chevereto logo.

can you tell me how to stop it doing this?

and my final question is about removing the copy function on links. (when you hover over the links you get a button to click and copy)

i would love to have it but i have edited the theme and its messed it all up.

i would not know how to fix the mess i made with it so i just want to remove it for now.until i have time to work on it

just to update.

i worked out how to do this.

my second question about shortURL page is about the image placement.

right now the image is placed in the center of the screen.

can you tell me how to have the image align to top left instead of center.

changing it from looking like this - http://i.imgur.com/1F0ZG.jpg

to this - http://i.imgur.com/bBVYx.jpg

so i edited post and removed the question.

to do it i removed
PHP:
text-align: center;
from
PHP:
#shortURL-content
in css
then changed this
PHP:
padding_top = (image_max_height_padding - $shortURL_content.find("img").height())/2;
to this
PHP:
padding_top = (image_max_height_padding - $shortURL_content.find("img").height())/1000;
in shorturl.php

just in case anyone was intrested

There wasn't anything wrong with them anyway? :|

Yes and No

for shorturl.php i wanted my logo in top left not chevereto for obvious reasons.
found that in css but i did not see it at first so it took me a while.

theirs not really a problem with the image loading in the center of the screen in shorturl.php when you have a big image but when you have a small image i just personally hate it. im so used to images being in top left hand corner when you click on them i dont like it any other way, i also feel its alot easier on the eyes if its not centered like that with smaller images.

just my opinion, you may like it centered but i dont.

and finally the copy function.

its a really good function and i want it on my site but i have been editing the theme to have the links beside the image and not below. i cannot write php but i can blunder and edit my way through.

in this case when i got the links to be beside the image i ended up causing an error with the copy function and it ballsed the whole thing up.

when you clicked on a link the copy button would be way out of line and even when you click the thing it turned out to be any random box.

my fault but i did not want to spend my time trying to work out what i needed to change to get it to work so wanted to remove it, ended up just deleting a whole load of css related to the function thinking it would just remove it but it didn't.

but removing that code did fix the problem i was having and caused the copy button to appear under the link in text and it works fine, not perfect but fine.

thats what i mean about blundering and editing my way through when im beginner at php.

If you need help with your custom coding you can create a separate thread for this, you don't need to remove the function just tell us, in a new topic, what you did and what you get. Try to add codes and real examples ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back