• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Problems with SMTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLarsson

Chevereto Member
Hi,

My smtp mail has been working fine for over a year.
Lately I have a hard time sending mail using the contact form. The second time I press "Send message" it works but the first always pops up a message. (see below)
Same thing in Settings/Email... when I add/change the SMTP account I have to Save changes twice...
I'm using smtp.gmail.com 587 TLS (tested 465 SSL but same issue).
SMTP works just fine from the server itself and with another php application. It's just chevereto acting up.
I'm using PHP 5.6.12.
Any clues?

Clipboardimage2015-12-08114022.png

Last edited:
Chevereto uses phpmailer for that and you could try updating phpmailer but I doubt it will make a difference.

Connect issues like this are mostly related to the server that you are using to send smtp mail and in this case your shouldn't be using Google, is not made to send transnational email. Test mandrillapp.com and if the issues are gone then the problem was Gmail.

Went with mandrillapp, and the issues looks like they are gone. Can't Believe gmail has been working so good until just now.
It was a little fiddly to put the SPF and DKIM entries in my DNS but when it was done everything went smooth.
Thanks for the tip about mandrillapp.com!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back