• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Problem with upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merenguista

Chevereto Member
Hi

I'm trying to upgrade to 3.2.1 from 3.2.0 .. I've upload all files and overwrite them, and then run my upgrade on www.mysite.com/u/install.php

But the upgrade system ask me for the database informations as like if is a fresh installation and not an upgade !! Before running the upgrade i've login as admin in my chevereto .. Should i put my database informations again and run the upgrade ??

From 3.2.0 to 3.2.1 you dont need the install.
Only change the Files and it's done.
Only from 3.1 to 3.2 you need to upgrade.

My upgade is not done, i just upload all files and overwrite them, and try to run the upgrade system in www.mysite.com/u/install.php

and it ask me for the database information as like is it's a fresh installation and not an upgrade ..

Most likley you overwrite the settings.php file which contains the connection information. Try to fill the form with the MySQL values, the system will detect if the script is already installed.

Most likley you overwrite the settings.php file which contains the connection information. Try to fill the form with the MySQL values, the system will detect if the script is already installed.

My settings.php file is empty, there is nothing on .. Because i overwrite it like all others files ..

So what should i do now ? You advise me to try to fill the form with the MySQL values, what exactly the form you meane ?

When the system notices an empty settings.php it will tell you to fill the database details. Once you put the database details the system will re-make the settings.php with the MySQL connection info and then the system will connect and it will know that the system is installed but that it needs to be updated. So, don't worry.. It won't replace the old database.

Ok thanks .. Done ..

But you should rename the settings.php file to settings.php.new by default in our packages ..

So when we upload all the files in our chevereto package and overwrite the existing files, our settings.php file will not be overwrited automatically.

also the logo sould be in png extension and not svg ..

Thanks @Rodolfo fo all your nice job here ..

Last edited:
But you should rename the settings.php file to settings.php.new by default in our packages ..

I've added a fix for that in 3.2.2 that will get rid of those issues.

the logo sould be in png extension and not svg ..

Logo is in svg because I like top quality and the avg logo looks amazing on mobile devices. If you like chevereto then you also have to share how I see quality. Get a device with high pixel density (like an iPhone) and you will see that the logo display is perfect, where in other websites the logo looks blurry.

Last edited:
How can i make my png logo svg ?

A SVG is vector representation, is not a raster image (bitmap). Convert a PNG to a SVG won't get the desired top quality effect. You actually need to get your logo in vector then export it as SVG and export it as PNG for older browsers.

When you created your logo you probably used Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Gimp, etc. Depending on which program you used you will need to save as SVG or export paths. For instance in Phostohop you have to export paths to illustrator then open illustrator and create the SVG. You may also find this helpful: https://cloudconvert.org/formats/image/svg

Now if you don't have a way to export your logo as vector then you should try this: http://vectormagic.com/home

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back