• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Private User - Disable viewing of uploaded pictures

Papay

Chevereto Member
Is it possible for a particular user to be private? Wherein when a guest visits a user's profile page, none of the user's uploaded pictures will be visible? Thanks!

I'm using v3.3.2, there's no option to chance the privacy to only me. I still want the images to be viewed by others as long as they got the link, I just don't want them to appear under a user's profile.

I'm using v3.3.2, there's no option to chance the privacy to only me. I still want the images to be viewed by others as long as they got the link, I just don't want them to appear under a user's profile.

Image privacy is set by album. Create an album with the image and then set privacy to "private anyone with the link"

The images can still be viewed by guests.

For example I uploaded image1, image2, image3 and upload them all to a private album (anyone with link), if I share image1 publicly, once they view it using the viewer, below my username, it shows

Added to Album1 - 12 Hours Ago

and below that

In this album then next to it the image thumbnails that I uploaded on album1. Even though I only shared image1 link, the guest can still view all the images under that album. I also tried to flag image1, image2, image3 as unsafe but still guests can view all of them because the thumbnails are clickable with their own viewer link.

I think it's best not to show the other items under a private (anyone with link) album or maybe a way/setting to hide them.

Last edited:
I noticed there's a "Private Album (with link)" already, now it's possible to create semi-private albums without showing them under a user's profile page. Thanks Rodolfo! Keep up the good work! :)

Back