• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Private mod/upload problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santus

Chevereto Member
Hi, at the beginning I have to say that I used to have Cheveretto for couple of weeks on my website and all was OK, including access to member/admin area.

3 weeks ago I could't get through login process (never-ending waiting). So I downloaded the latest version and set all again... but no progress so far, still can't get through login.

Commented #RewriteBase / doesn't have any effect and uncommented either.

Because this is my private/personal tool for IMG hosting I would prefer to have private mod ON. If the private mod is disabled, I can't get to the picture after upload. I thought that problem might be in Script paths.So I change root_dir it to the result from "<?php echo $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']; ?>" i.e. /data/web/virtuals/23228/virtual/www/IMGs and relative dir to /IMGs/ but still I'm having problems...

You can try to upload a pic and wait what will happen :/

Any hint or help is more than welcome... thx

Problem could be a .htaccess overwrite. I noticed that Chevereto is installed in a sub-folder, that means that the .htaccess in the root folder is messing around. Try to install it in a sub-domain or tweak the root .htaccess rules to disable the handle of the chevereto folder.

I tried to have it sub-domain for the first time but my webhosting provider is dealing with sub-domains also through folders. i.e. /www/subdom/some_sub_dir and was causing a really big mess // but I can give it a second try :]

Thing is that there is a htaccess trouble there, perhaps you need to apply conditional rules like folder/patch match cheveretodir... Something like that.

OK, .htacces changed in root, upload started to work and private mode/login session as well but I can't see a thumbnail of any picture... They are successfully uploaded on website /chev_dir/images (original file + thumb as well) but for example this one: http://pixelarium.cz/IMGs/4

I tried to sear in your Docs for specific chmod for images but without success. Default chmod is 750, is it allright?

0755 for folders 0644 for files. Most likely PHP upload the files but then it can't change the permission to public. Go to the includes/classes/class.upload.php file and search for chmod( then just above those lines put "umask(0);". I have noticed a similar issue in the past.

This still doesn't work... | DIR is 755 and both files 644

Code:
    // Change the CHMOD of the file (for some php enviroments)
                umask(0);
                @chmod($image_filename, 0644);
                @chmod($thumb_filename, 0644);

//I have to leave for a while but later I will try it again...

Yes but, thing is that if the folder (created by php like 2013/04/15) doesn't have the right permission, the files inside will inherit the lower permission mask. If that folder is not public then the files inside won't be public. There are several instances where the script try to fix the permission either for the folders and for the uploaded files.

Sorry mate but not... Of course that I've deleted dir "images" before new upload... But all is the same, upload/login is working and still no thumbnails

Check it (private mod is off): http://pixelarium.cz/IMGs/

Chmod is set and umask(0); is there as well. Cache cleared in primary browser, Opera or IE don't work either. Another suggestion because I more then desperate :/ thx

Yeah, problem is that the rewrite base must reflect the Chevereto folder.

Code:
RewriteBase /IMGs/

Finally! I changed .htaccess file in /images/ dir to allow from all and now it's working :] So all good for now :] Thanks for help Rodolfo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back