• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Prevent my theme getting copied/stolen?

Mcmar

banned
Currently i have seen my theme on couple of sites.. Not for chevereto, but they copied my theme. How can i prevent my theme getting stoled?

Theme copy is not made directly like "save as" and then the theme is ready to use, they need to rip the HTML/CSS/JS portions and re-made the theme. Theme portions could be easily stolen but not just for Chevereto but for every system, is just the way it is. This is called ripping and it can't be avoided... I'm afraid that anyone can do this to any website.

You have the option to protect your work by copyright. On the theme you must state your copyrights and deny any copy of your work. Once people stole part of your job you must send a complaint to the hosting company telling them that this person is using your copyrighted work, this will work on mostly countries.

Theme copy is not made directly like "save as" and then the theme is ready to use, they need to rip the HTML/CSS/JS portions and re-made the theme. Theme portions could be easily stolen but not just for Chevereto but for every system, is just the way it is. This is called ripping and it can't be avoided... I'm afraid that anyone can do this to any website.

You have the option to protect your work by copyright. On the theme you must state your copyrights and deny any copy of your work. Once people stole part of your job you must send a complaint to the hosting company telling them that this person is using your copyrighted work, this will work on mostly countries.

First i have to thank you for changing the default font on the forum, this font looks way better.

Then about this:
I really wonder if javascript encrypt would work for just the index? http://www.smartgb.com/free_encrypthtml.php

This makes ''hi'' look into this --> <script language=JavaScript>m='hi%0A';d=unescape(m);document.write(d);</script>

First i have to thank you for changing the default font on the forum, this font looks way better.

Then about this:
I really wonder if javascript encrypt would work for just the index? http://www.smartgb.com/free_encrypthtml.php

This makes ''hi'' look into this --> <script language=JavaScript>m='hi%0A';d=unescape(m);document.write(d);</script>

I have infact looked into this, for another one of my websites and I decided not to go with it.

As it's loading a script, I think it would load the site much slower, but I guess it's a price to pay.

Secondly their not really stealing your theme. Although it does look nice, all you need to do is buy Simpli and edit the style.css to the colours. However I do see your concern and think it should be adressed.

I have infact looked into this, for another one of my websites and I decided not to go with it.

As it's loading a script, I think it would load the site much slower, but I guess it's a price to pay.

Secondly their not really stealing your theme. Although it does look nice, all you need to do is buy Simpli and edit the style.css to the colours. However I do see your concern and think it should be adressed.

First of all, it has nothing to do with Chevereto, and to 'steal' or at least copy my theme.. you would have to not only edit style.css :p

Back