• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Premium (paid) accounts & Earn money

Guneyd

Chevereto Member
Hello,

I would like to suggest two features for a future Chevereto version. These features are also popular with most file sharing scripts and financially very attractive for us webmasters. It gives us, the webmasters, a way to earn money with and/or without advertisement.

Basically:

Premium (Paid) Accounts:
Users can buy premium accounts for the duration of a month, 3 months, 6 months or a year (for example). They can pay with paypal or another gateway and in return they will get extra storage space and/or bandwidth and perhaps extra functions users with normal (free) accounts don't get (such as, ads free browsing, priority access and etc..). We could also provide these paid accounts as 'business accounts' or something like that.

Advantage: An extra way of income for us webmasters, aside from advertising.

Earn money:
Users can register and earn money for sharing their pictures. The more pageviews/downloads they get, the more money they receive. If, let us say, a picture gets viewed/downloaded a 1000 times they can get 5 USD (for example). It would also be nice if you could set specific prices per country/area of the visitors.
This would mean that more people would make use of our image upload sites because they would want to earn more money.

Advantage: People want to earn more money -> more people will come to our image upload sites = easy advertisement + more users + more people who view our ads and/or buy premium accounts
Disadvantage: The system of counting views would have to be foolproof (per unique visitor, refreshing the page doesn't count and etc..) It might be hard, but many other scripts have this function as well, so it should be possible.

I'd love to hear what all of you guys (and Rodolfo) think of these two suggestions :D !

To expand on what I said about the premium accounts, another way to make it more attractive could be by setting a *SET AMOUNT* of days when the pictures of free non-registered users and registered users would be deleted (when user accounts are implemented). That way, we could sell premium accounts to people by saying that your images then won't get deleted.
This would also help with cutting costs on space/bandwidth.

Well, is quite a good idea. I mean, If I can make something that let you earn some money then it means that I sell more licenses. things like put an ad before image load or things like that maybe can bust your earnings.

I have found that mostly there is two Chevereto usages: 1. As a personal service, 2. As a massive service. I will like to reach those two targets =)

Thanks for your ideas.

Guneyd said:
Hello,

I would like to suggest two features for a future Chevereto version. These features are also popular with most file sharing scripts and financially very attractive for us webmasters. It gives us, the webmasters, a way to earn money with and/or without advertisement.

Basically:

Premium (Paid) Accounts:
Users can buy premium accounts for the duration of a month, 3 months, 6 months or a year (for example). They can pay with paypal or another gateway and in return they will get extra storage space and/or bandwidth and perhaps extra functions users with normal (free) accounts don't get (such as, ads free browsing, priority access and etc..). We could also provide these paid accounts as 'business accounts' or something like that.

Advantage: An extra way of income for us webmasters, aside from advertising.

Earn money:
Users can register and earn money for sharing their pictures. The more pageviews/downloads they get, the more money they receive. If, let us say, a picture gets viewed/downloaded a 1000 times they can get 5 USD (for example). It would also be nice if you could set specific prices per country/area of the visitors.
This would mean that more people would make use of our image upload sites because they would want to earn more money.

Advantage: People want to earn more money -> more people will come to our image upload sites = easy advertisement + more users + more people who view our ads and/or buy premium accounts
Disadvantage: The system of counting views would have to be foolproof (per unique visitor, refreshing the page doesn't count and etc..) It might be hard, but many other scripts have this function as well, so it should be possible.

I'd love to hear what all of you guys (and Rodolfo) think of these two suggestions :D !

The foolproof you are talking about is very easy to implement, so it is not really a disadvantage... Otherwise, good ideas, I'm already trying to implement these features on my personal account login for chevereto, (I'm having difficulties right now with the user/permission system)

Too much competition in the image hosting industry to charge people for premium accounts. Too many sites already offer unlimited everything with limited ads.

glumbo said:
Too much competition in the image hosting industry to charge people for premium accounts. Too many sites already offer unlimited everything with limited ads.
Agreed.

Da' Pimp said:
glumbo said:
Agreed.

Mwah... you can always compete if you've got the goods to sell it. If let us say CDN was implemented, you could offer premium accounts where the images would be stored on multiple servers around the world (= better availability and loading speeds). Just a small example. With the right resources, you can always sell premium accounts ;).

You could also add ads to your website, and let the user pay like 5$ per year to remove these ads...

Guneyd said:
Mwah... you can always compete if you've got the goods to sell it. If let us say CDN was implemented, you could offer premium accounts where the images would be stored on multiple servers around the world (= better availability and loading speeds). Just a small example. With the right resources, you can always sell premium accounts ;).

Wouldn't work because a lot of sites already do that for free. Paying to remove ads wouldn't work either because a lot of sites don't have ads

PPV (Pay Per View) Images are the best route to go because you give the user a reason to upload and advertise their uploads over the web.. As the owner its a win win because your just giving away a % of the profit made.

stuart said:
PPV (Pay Per View) Images are the best route to go because you give the user a reason to upload and advertise their uploads over the web.. As the owner its a win win because your just giving away a % of the profit made.

Agreed

I was about to post something like this but I did a search first, even though this idea was proposed last 2011, i still believe that having this feature will double or triple the sales of Chevereto, more webmasters who want to earn out of images wont have to buy other overpriced scripts anymore and will just go for Chevereto instead. :)

I was about to post something like this but I did a search first, even though this idea was proposed last 2011, i still believe that having this feature will double or triple the sales of Chevereto, more webmasters who want to earn out of images wont have to buy other overpriced scripts anymore and will just go for Chevereto instead. :)

I think that you are referring to imagetize which claims to be an script optimized to earn money. I will tell you something about earning money: You need to do your core task extremely well. The core task is upload images and that is something they don't do it in a way that people will love it.

In Chevereto I'm always ahead and my focus is always user experience. For me user is first than income, uploads, anything. So for Chevereto 3 the paid accounts feature was accepted but 3.X is a cycle, features will be added with time because I need to test, debug, then test again, etc. You can't expect to have all the features at once.

Finally, before asking for premium accounts you should build a website that people love to use. Without users there is no way of making money so that is what Chevereto is doing, helping to build that base and build the need of get "more".

Last edited:
Back