• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

PHP 7 + Percona / MariaDB Support & Performance

RyanTranquil

Chevereto Member
Out of curiosity, does the latest Chevereto script run on PHP 7 enabled servers, and if so is there a sizable increase in performance versus using PHP 5.6? I've seen massive speed and performance improvements when moving my web applications from a PHP 5.6 server to PHP 7.0.6.

Also, does the latest Chevereto script run smoothly on a server utilizing either Percona DB or MariaDB (these are drop-in replacements for MySQL with better performance overall).

Thanks,
Ryan

does the latest Chevereto script run on PHP 7 enabled servers, and if so is there a sizable increase in performance versus using PHP 5.6?

Chevereto supports PHP 7 since Chevereto v3.7.1. Performance wise, PHP 7 is basically PHP 5.X + OPCache by default, I haven't noticed a huge performance boost because I've always used OPCache. I'm afraid that PHP 7 is still not that "production ready" so I'm still not using it for production websites.

I've saw some installs running on MariaDB and it seems to work 1:1, no idea about Percona DB.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

I think there was someone on here using MariaDB just to see if there was any efficiency with it and CHV. As for the post, or what ever happened with it... I do not know.

I tried a few different setups before I settled on one I found the best (for me).

I settled on ...

PHP7.0 with OPcache enabled (and tweaked), MariaDB, Apache

Running NGINX with PHP7.0 would be quicker than Apache, however, I have some custom stuff on my server that I wrote specifically to work with Apache, hence that stayed. If my site gets bigger, I may switch to NGINX, but at the moment and given the server its running on, Apache is fine.

In answer to the original question though, PHP7.0 and MariaDB work well with CHV as far as I can see.

I am using Php7 + MariaDB on my server. Performance wise, they are certainly the best configuration if you put it together with Nginx web server.
I did test it with Apache, but had no significant performance boost, so at the end had to settle with nginx+php7+mariadb.
Opcache just makes things faster and reduce server load by caching object on your php.

Back