• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

[Phone App] Let's discuss

Gunz

Chevereto Member
Hello guys,

Yesterday is entered on my a project a friend degree in computer engineering. He is coding an amazing app for iOS and Android OS for our website using chevereto.

I was deciding almost to move all my busisness to the Phone part, and not to website part. So the website it will continue to be an upload for images, but it's principaly used to advertise our Phone app.

=============================================================

So now i have two discussion with you, if you can answer to both.

1. First point

I haven't any experience with Phone App advertise. I red some articles on internet and i saw that there are some methods to create income from App.

Someone of you can advise something about it? Is it possible to earn something?

2. Second point

I was thinking to divide the website to Phone app using two different server.

www.site.com -> Point to Server1 -> Website using chevereto
www.phone.site.com -> Point to Server2 -> using always chevereto but usable only by phone

If phone user log to www.site.com is redirected to www.phone.site.com.
If Pc user log to www.phone.site.com is redirected to www.site.com.

This system i think can have some PRO:
. If server 1 go offline for some reasos, the phone site/app will be always functional.
. Have separate statistic for website users and phone users.

=============================================================

Cheers

Well, I believe that mobile devices are highly overrated in how they will replace desktops. I mean, I have an iPhone and is a pain in the ass to reply an email, browse the web, etc. Just the apps that do basic stuff are comfortable. Now, this is totally opposed in the iPad where things are way more comfortable... So, why people should pay for something in their devices? Only if you offer them a better experience than the traditional web version and if there isn't anyone doing something related for free.

Why I'm telling this? Well.. because the apps have 3 methods to make money.

1) Paid app
To put this in context: An app at 0.99 USD needs 49 users to be equivalent to an script that is sold at 49 USD (in this example I'm using Chevereto) So, to earn the same that I've earned with this script I should sell near 49500 times my app. That is a lot.

2) In app purchases
Very similar to the (1) method, but this is made for casual and renovable spendings like "coins" and things like that. Otherwise, you will only have a paid app with limited stock that the user could build on their own like "ok, I will pay for extra A, C and F".

3) Ads in free versions
Basically you will have a free version where people will be bugged with ads, either to buy the full version of to other things that pay you just like adsense. I don't know how much this can profit.

What method will suit better for you has many variables involved. Like I said, if there is competitors it will be harder or if there is a bunch of free apps (like dropbox or google drive) you have to be pretty different to look like a better alternative.

Regarding point 2, well.. I thought that you are up for an mobile app, not a web mobile version. Anyway, you should use different servers only if the mobile version will get benefits from that and you have to think the "ifs" like.. What happen if this mobile user wants to manage and control their images more freely? He will surely love a web desktop version isn't?

I wouldn't waste my time even bothered with a phone app, Instagram already took over that. I doubt a new one will get anywhere.

For it to make money, you need ads, or make it a paid app, which again, won't get anywhere.

But good luck!

I wouldn't waste my time even bothered with a phone app, Instagram already took over that. I doubt a new one will get anywhere.

For it to make money, you need ads, or make it a paid app, which again, won't get anywhere.

But good luck!

I can say the same with Tinipick, imgur, imageshack, picasa.

Back