• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

paypal error

mrchris

Chevereto Member
hey guys,

tried paying via paypal and get an error.
error:
Return to merchant and try a different payment method

Unfortunately, we're unable to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).
/*------------------------------------------------------------------
the tried paying by just sending money via paypal without the payment process
payment@chevereto.com
error:
This recipient accepts PayPal payments only through their website. To complete this payment, please go to their website and follow their instructions, or email the recipient for instructions.

can i send to another email?

thanks
chris

yeah, i tried that.

was the obvious choice (im a css developer)
i then tested paypal by buying a few domains (worked)

im familiar with web architecture :p
i have been making themes for nearly EVERY script around

the tried paying by just sending money via paypal without the payment process
payment@chevereto.com
error:
This recipient accepts PayPal payments only through their website. To complete this payment, please go to their website and follow their instructions, or email the recipient for instructions.

Hi, the payment must be made using the website. This is because I have hooked the system to work in that way (billing, customs, etc). Just go to https://chevereto.com/process and login with your community account.

its def a chevereto error

just made another purchase and it worked

Wait a few minutes perhaps is a PayPal issue. If the system was working until this morning (I've sell a license this morning) and suddenly it fails is most likely a PayPal issue and not a merchant issue. Of course PayPal will always blame the merchant, they will never say "Sorry.. my bad, wait a few minutes". If they are telling you to use the mail directly it says to me that perhaps the paypal gateway is down.

Note that the PayPal payment gateway vary from country. Since I don't have a US account is most likely that the payment gateway is down for my country.

tried it again 5th attempt​
(i have made a purchase of another item after i got this error 2 attempts ago)......its definitely a chevereto error​
error​
This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information.
Return to merchant and try a different payment method

Unfortunately, we're unable to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

ok, paypal suck the big one....are you in brazil?

although
i did try the direct method after a few attempts,
was going to try adapting chevereto into a 'responsive' framework for mobiles etc

no app for that LOL's

Like I said, the system was working until this morning and nothing has changed. I haven't got a email from PayPal regarding a change or a update on the payment gateway that I should take in consideration on my code. That say, I could only tell you again to try it later and sorry but the fact that you have been able to buy from another merchant doesn't mean that my gateway is wrong. It tells me that PayPal gateway is either down just for me or they have blocked me, I don't know.. I haven't got any communication from them.

ok, its 5am so i will get some sleep and try again.

18hrs of straight css hurts a little. (work and home)

its just funny the timing of the error

hahaha

back later
have a great day guys!

ok, its 5am so i will get some sleep and try again.

18hrs of straight css hurts a little. (work and home)

its just funny the timing of the error

hahaha

back later
have a great day guys!

I will try to call paypal, hopefully they will answer my call this year.

Hi, I've just call PayPal and they told me that they can't give me information regarding this problem. They say that my account is not being blocked or somehow and that the problem is your account. You must call them and ask why you are being blocked.

Hi, I've just call PayPal and they told me that they can't give me information regarding this problem. They say that my account is not being blocked or somehow and that the problem is your account. You must call them and ask why you are being blocked.
ok thanks,
its strange because I made 3 purchases of different items last night from that paypal account.

paypal in aust are screwy and they dont like various credit cards, i guess its because the banks screwed them up in the courts here for their 'dubious' business plan.

will try again, but you'll get the sale none the less :)

ok thanks,
its strange because I made 3 purchases of different items last night from that paypal account.

paypal in aust are screwy and they dont like various credit cards, i guess its because the banks screwed them up in the courts here for their 'dubious' business plan.

will try again, but you'll get the sale none the less :)

Perhaps you hit the "max transactions per day" or something weird like that.

Back