• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Password protect not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

hienyimba

Chevereto Member
I noticed this issue today when I was about to give someone a demo on the newly released Password protected albums. I created an album and set a password. Behold I wanted to access the album after logging out and I was able to access the whole album unlike what I saw at demo.chevereto.com.

However, there was a "this content is private" eye at the top of the album and I couldn't view the images. It also didn't appear in search results. So what seems to be the issue? Why is the password protect not working for me?

It's different when you are an admin or the owner of the content. That affects listings and everything else.

Thanks, I will sign up and try it. By the way, all your social login is broken.

Clearly password protected functionality is not working, most likely due to custom editing.

This works fine in the demo: http://demo.chevereto.com/a/ScE

You will need to compare your website with the official release and push the needed changes for that functionality. Use something like WinMerge and just compare folders, it won't be that hard and you will get everything sorted out.

Clearly password protected functionality is not working, most likely due to custom editing.

This works fine in the demo: http://demo.chevereto.com/a/ScE

You will need to compare your website with the official release and push the needed changes for that functionality. Use something like WinMerge and just compare folders, it won't be that hard and you will get everything sorted out.

Okk. Thanks. I will update you as soon as I find out whats up. Though, I am still using the 3.8.0 version right now, could that be the source?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back