• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Pagination isn't working on views other than default sort.

Anomaly

Chevereto Member
🎯Description of the issue

I originally had the free version and noticed that the pagination wasn't working for any sort option other than default. Since it works fine in the demo, I decided to go ahead and upgrade. Instead of upgrading my existing install, since I wanted to get to know the system first, I created a new subfolder in the same subdomain and made a fresh install for the paid version. Even with this brand new install, I'm still encountering the same issue - which isn't present in the demo.

When viewing any page which involves pagination, on the demo, the links for next/previous include the sort type. For example: "https://demo.chevereto.com/album/chevereto-v3-covers.jV9T/?sort=views_desc&page=2&seek=6.6BH9A" On my installs, both free and paid, however, this portion is missing. So a pagination URL will look like so: "img.[mydomain].com/host/album/DyNv/?page=2&seek=HIeX" (free version, main install) or "img.[mydomain].com/test/album/nRO/?page=2&seek=il+570xN.1094296513+gg9p.YBT" (fresh install of paid version).

I have left settings default, toyed with settings, etc. and nothing I try has been capable of fixing this odd issue. I did, however, discover that apparently my host uses MySql 5.7.29 which doesn't fit the listed requirements of Chevereto. Not sure if that has any impact, since literally everything else about the system works perfectly. The site is using php version 7.3 with FastCGI (if this has an impact, the option is there to change to the 'normal' CGI version). All required pieces ( curl hash json mbstring pdo pdo-mysql zip session ) are installed. This is just a private image gallery for the use of two individuals, installed on a subdomain of a site we've already paid through a year, so changing hosts is unfortunately out of the question.

▶🚶‍Reproduction steps
  1. Go to the public test album of snake-related memes here.
  2. Hover over the next page arrow at the bottom to see that the URL doesn't contain sort information.
  3. Choose any sort other than default (e.g. AZ).
  4. Press the pagination button to go to the next page.
😢Unexpected result

Instead of going to the next page, you reach an error claiming "There's nothing to show here." because the URL isn't properly formed.

The exception is if you choose Oldest view, in which case you end up in a nightmare where it appears almost as if the pagination is working but it really isn't, because the system gets very confused. You'll end up back at the beginning image set, and using the previous button will cause even stranger results.

📃Error log message

I enabled error logging at level 3 - print and log errors - but nothing appeared on screen while using the albums (or any other part of the install) and the subdomain's error logs are clean.

Funny thing is that listings are working, the problem is just the link printed in your pagination.

Check for any file cache, if that doesn't help then there must be a script or somewhere altering $_GET or some other variables,

Thank you for the swift response! I'm not sure how to check for file cache with my host, but you still managed to guide me in what is I hope the right direction!

I was able to find something about my host's php 7.3 FastCGI implementation causing cache-like issues for someone else when I did the Google deep dive to find out how to find/clear file caches. This led me to try a test install on the main domain itself, for which we'd never updated from 7.2 FastCGI, and pagination works perfectly there. At present, I've initiated a downgrade on the img subdomain and am hopeful that will fix the problem. 🤞

Since it seems to be confirmed that this is a problem on the server side and not with Chevereto itself, I'll go ahead and mark this as solved (and have some words with the host about fixing the problem, if it persists). Thank you!

Back