• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Page navigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandanch

Chevereto Member
I have my listing on classic pagination and it just showing one page number at a time almost like it would show if on a mobile device.

Also when i'm in images it doesn't show me how many pages I have in images, and when I go to the oldest image the page navigation just says one and not the amount of pages.

And how can I change it back to where it shows previous, next, back to first page and more than one number listed at a time? And this happened after I upgraded to the current version.

2016-08-16_8-57-02.png

Last edited:
Ouch..not too happy about that, would like the ability to go to certain pages instead of of one page at a time- not sure why you would change that..

Last edited:
New navigation allows faster listings, it is impossible to have fast dynamic listings + full pagination, you can't have both.

Larger your website gets, more expensive is to get that "full pagination" stuff which is just aesthetic. To have that full stuff you need to do the SELECT query + COUNT query and that is very expensive if your website is large. This was changed because in one website that query was taking like 20 minutes so you can understand that there is real and valid reason behind this change.

This new stuff is the same for Google and it will be the same for your visitors, please forget about the old pagination, it won't be used again.

Last edited:
I see you made it invalid and I do understand your reasoning from your explanation, I don't fully agree with completely eliminating the function- but hopefully you can replace it with at least a user search or something.

I don't fully agree with completely eliminating the function

The full pagination stuff was causing websites to hang and kill the server behind it, compromising MySQL integrity and website reliability. Also, new listings are even faster than before. Sorry to sound harsh but that is enough to remove or change that given functionality.

hopefully you can replace it with at least a user search or something

The only thing that changed was this:
Code:
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

To this:
Code:
< 3 >

Sorry but I don't see how full / compact pagination is related to user searches.

For me that was a way that I could locate users and images, the numbers would put me roughly near the user or image, you may not understand what I'm saying but since I can't locate users via search that was one way of locating the user or even sometimes an image.

Sorry about that but the pagination will remain as is. I've provided enough details on why it changed and it will remain as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back