• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

OVH issues (session save path)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Since a ton of people have issues with this hosting company, I've decided to find what is the cause of the error on their setup/config.

For those who aren't familiar, OVH has issues when you upload multiple images and once the process is done the script has no session data to tell if there are files uploaded or not since it use session to know this info. One quick workaround is use a different session save path and the system works just like any normal server.

But since this can't be noticed using pure PHP, is quite annoying because we have this every week post where people ask why the thing doesn't work and OVH's guys just says that is a script issue.

I've been doing test in the last 4 hours and I can tell you that the problem is that OVH sucks in this particular setting. It seems that they have a process watch who delete the session data arbitrary. In my test I've found that in very short moments the script works 100% but in the most of the cases they reset part or the whole session.

I've changed the session ini data to fit the exact same config as the demo and still doesn't work so it must be a process watch on the /tmp folder. I've also test and PHP has the right permissions on this folder so things like the admin panel actually works but the problem persists on the uploads.

So, the ultimate test was a print_r on /uploaded with die. On demo it shows always the session data no mater how many refresh you made... OVH destroy the session data before load and sometimes it lives on a first load, sometimes it lives like 2 minutes and then the process watch starts again and kill the session.

Since this only happens to OVH all the OVH users will need to either setup properly their servers or use the session_save_path() workaround. The problem I believe is the use of session_id which is needed to do the uploadify upload.

As you may know Chevereto v3 will feature a new uploader which won't need session_id so OVH should work fine.

For OVH users, the workaround is open config.php and before ?> add:
PHP:
session_save_path(__CHV_ROOT_DIR__.'/tmp');

And create the folder tmp.

I'm not using OVH host but i had the same problem. All folders was with right permission but i continued to got WARNING about write/read on /var/phpsession.

I used your guide and now i haven't any problem warning.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back