• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

one or 2 years ?

hshamy

Chevereto Member
after 1 years with TMD hosting can i move to another place to have vps ?
i just start to order NETWORK LICENSE but ihave notice say ((Any cancellation at TMDHosting will also cancel any associated Chevereto license (first two years))

i was read here (in forums) that i can move after one year ????
so what is the right ???

last thing :
i will make googel adwards for my site to push it faster and i just afraid tmd hosting will tell me to move befor one year ( if ) i start to have alot of visitors evry day ,, if that hapend ,,,i will still have my license or it will cancel ????

thanks

i was read here (in forums) that i can move after one year ????
so what is the right ???
Currently, TMDHosting requires two years and any cancelation (yes, any kind of cancelation) cancels the license.

The confusion is because some time ago the requirement was just one year but that changed in November 2017.

thank you Rodolfo for notice me ..
what you think about https://www.1and1.com/web-hosting
with ((Chevereto Personal License )) just for start and later i move to vps ???
do you think ((UNLIMITED PLUS)) hosting plan will be good as starter ???
  • Top performance with up to 6 GB RAM, 3 GB always guaranteed
  • allows approx. 600 processes per minute
  • Equivalent to about 200 visitorsper minute
  • Scalable up to Level 5 as needed with up to 19 GB RAM (approx. 1,500 processes per minute) for just $1.99/month per level
thank you for your help :)

I don't have any opinion about that hosting company, neither I will advice or warn you about purchasing any service with them. I don't know how those servers perform, I don't know which network they have and I don't know if Chevereto will run better or worse.

Most of these hosting companies will ban or kick you out of their service once you have good visitors. Their TOS clearly states that you cannot have any image or file hosting websites. If you'll use it personally in a closed system, I don't think you'll ever have any problem. Few image sharing on the internet that results in few GBs of traffic won't bother them. However, as soon as the hosting company notice a huge chunk of bandwidth consumption (in TBs/month), be sure that your account will be banned.

If you are serious about your website, and know for sure that you'll have it open for public with great traction over time, just use a unmanaged or managed VPS and a separate storage server.

I personally use Linode for chevereto and rented a storage server from online.net.

Choice is yours.

If you are serious about your website, and know for sure that you'll have it open for public with great traction over time, just use a unmanaged or managed VPS and a separate storage server.

I personally use Linode for chevereto and rented a storage server from online.net.

Choice is yours.

thank you for help me :)
can you tell me about :
1- what hosting plan you use in (Linode) . they just accept (image hosting ) because you use external storge ?
2-how much it cost you at (online.net) for storge evry month and what plan you use ??

iam very serious about my website its just i search for place to start ..
thank you agine ;)

The issue with hosting companies banning image hosting is because of forbidden content and high resource usage. At this time, bandwidth is the only resource that you can leverage by using a third-party storage server (or servers).
In the future, our own storage solution will provide a network of upload+processing servers which will help with CPU/RAM and bandwidth.

Back