• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Next/Prev image links... Can it be added ?

Sabin

Chevereto Noob
Hello !

I'm searching for an easy image hosting software, this is a serious search, I'm through with free hosts after all these years, I'll host my own contents.

I know the Chevreto script doesn't rely on a DB, however, should I purchase your script, I would absolutely need a feature to click to view the following or previously uploaded image.

This isn't present for the moment, I know. But is it technically possible to even add such a feature ?

When a visitor views an image page, he/she can click a next / prev hyperlink loading the following image. That's all that I need, in short.

It could be name-based, or it could be date-based, it doesn't matter much.

Please, can you tell me if such a feature would be possible ?

Thanks ! :)

(PS : just remembered another question, to make sure. Can the image pages be coded so that additional options are shown when the admin is viewing them, more precisely : a "delete picture" link. Thanks again !)

Actually since 2.1 Chevereto uses dB and it has built-in dB shorthand methods that will help to make what you are asking for.

Thanks for the reply :)

I'm paranoid about it, pardon me to insist, your "will help me to make what you are asking for" intrigues me... Even if it isn't coded yet, you're indeed confirming me it IS possible ?

I don't know how your DB (a DB, so be it !) handles things, so I can't even imagine if it's something as simple as a href=website.com/(imageID+1) or if it will be maddeningly complex ;)

Is not just imageID(+/-)1 becuase you have to validate the prev/next file exists. As I told you before, it is possible but it will need custom theme functions (something like get_prev_image() and get_next_image()).
I can help you to do that.

OK, OK...

When you say that you can help me do that, can you tell me a bit more about it ? I guess this means paid coding, something that I can consider.

If price discussion is on, let's say it at once, I see no reason to require the code to be for me and me alone, that would make the script better for everyone.

Is not safe to have prev/next image because that could mean file scrapping. People could use that to dump your images and get all the files that you host including pictures that people don't want to share. Prev/next links are useful only on a gallery or album scenario where you have a short number of pictures addressed.

In my case, I want to host pictures for my own sake, and if more people attach my files, that will mean more ad views.

I'm not sure I'm following you, please, I must ask :
- can you code the "next / prev links" function, in exchange of a well-deserved fee ?
- If gallery functions must be added, can it be coded as well as the "next/prev links" function ?

Erm... Any reply ? :)

(edit : oops. in my memory, the last reply was two days ago, not just yesterday. Sorry if that sounded like insisting too much.)

Hello,

I'm coming back after two years have passed, to enquire, just in case, would this ability to have "next/previous image from the same album" have been added to the core features, perhaps ?

Thanks if you can tell me, and have a nice day ! :)

It takes time to get things done, specially when there is a massive list of things to do. Be patient.

Back