• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

New install using sub-domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

caligent

Chevereto Member
Hello, I have just followed your instructions and edited the config files and uploaded the Chevereto folder to my web host. The test script was also successful.

What I am doing is hosting the script on my VPS server and would like to call it into my main website. But to do that, I changed the folder name for Chevereto to "imagebank". I am then creating a sub-domain on my main site and created an A record to call the script from http://imagebank.911healthshop.com. Will this configuration work?

it will, if you set the right path in your A-record.
So, if your imagebank folder is in : User/public_html/imagebank, the path for your domain-configuration should be the same.

it will, if you set the right path in your A-record.
So, if your imagebank folder is in : User/public_html/imagebank, the path for your domain-configuration should be the same.

Do I need to wait for the A record to propogate or can the installation continue where it is installed? Because I tried accessing the folder on the host directly and it gave me an error saying that the webpage has a redirect loop.

The redirection loop usually happens when the server values are wrong. A correct sub-domain setup must be done in order to prevent this issue.

Most common error is that the data collected by the $_SERVER array is wrong. Things like root folder, script name, server name, etc. could mess the automatic path detection used in Chevereto. You can manually force the paths in the includes/config.php file, look art the bottom and change "auto" to "/the/absolute/path/to/Chevereto".

The redirection loop usually happens when the server values are wrong. A correct sub-domain setup must be done in order to prevent this issue.

Most common error is that the data collected by the $_SERVER array is wrong. Things like root folder, script name, server name, etc. could mess the automatic path detection used in Chevereto. You can manually force the paths in the includes/config.php file, look art the bottom and change "auto" to "/the/absolute/path/to/Chevereto".

This is what I updated it to:

$config['root_dir']= '/home/user/public_html/imagebank/'; // Values: auto | /home/user/public_html/imagebank/
$config['relative_dir']= 'imagebank'; // Values: auto | /chevereto/

However, now when I try to access http://imagebank.911healthshop.com, it gives me different errors as if it can't find the language, template, etc.

I updated it to:

$config['relative_dir']= '/'; // Values: auto | /chevereto/

I then tried accessing it using the sub-domain and got the following:

Template Error: The template file must be given (or the template could not be opened)

I'm not sure where the "/api" part of that url came from, but let's forget about the subdomain for a second. Attached are images where in one I tried accessing the Chevereto using the sub-domain and the other I am trying to access the same using the direct url at the host.

I've included the url's I'm trying to access in the images so you can see how I'm getting these errors.

Attachments

• error1.JPG
    error1.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 6
  • error2.JPG
    error2.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 8
Chevereto doesn't issue that template error and the lang error is a Chevereto error response. I must say that your subdomain setup is wrong, is the only answer to this.
You shoudl ask for support from your hosting company or read more how to properly setup a sub-domain.

Most likely issue is that Chevereto can't find the folders due to wrong $_SERVER array output. Try to open includes/config.php and just below <?php add this:
PHP:
debug($_SERVER);

That will output the $_SERVER array.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back