• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

MySQL backup by PHP CRON

mamedov

Chevereto Member
Very important and must available feature in Admin Panel to make MySQL backup ( compressed .tgz, tar.gz, or zip) archive by CRON(coded, not under linux cron-job) and send to owner email.

The best way to do auto backups is using crontab. Do this using PHP is not an smart move, and preserve the backup in the same server is somehow useless.

I can't imagine why you'd want the program to run your backups at all... This seems incredibly silly.

I'm not talking about the best way to do this. How many owners of chevereto has experience to make MySQL Backup and create scheduler cronjob? How many of them has SSH access? With PHP you will add small one line mysql_query to make "mysqldump". Just do it. Thanks.

Honestly that is not the way to do auto backups and I don't want to encourage an incorrect way to perform backups. Maybe I could add an small "Dump database" button, but not an auto-backup. In large installations that will surely hang PHP for a couple minutes / day so that's it, I won't add an auto-backup functionality.

You don't need SSH access to do a backup, in cPanel or any control panel you can add crons or generate backups easily. Someone without cPanel must have SSH for sure and he should know how to run the server in the first place.

Back