• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

My IE detection system help

Shan

💖 Chevereto Fan
Okay! So this isn't related to chevereto BUT I wish to post it here anyway because it could help me help others if they wish to do this.

PHP:
<?php
include"lib/clsBrowser.php";
$oBrowser = new clsBrowser();
try
{
    if($oBrowser->isIE())
    {
        echo "<You are using version>" . $oBrowser->getVersion();
    }
    else
    {
        echo "<strong>You are not using IE. Thanks you!</strong>"; 
    }
}catch(Exception $ex){echo $ex->getMessage();}
?>

The above code is a IE detection system, as IE makes the some areas of the .css not display correctly.

Anyway under;

PHP:
    if($oBrowser->isIE())
    {
        echo "<you are using version>" . $oBrowser->getVersion();

This tells the user that they ARE using IE and echo's "You are Using IE X.X" wherever I put it.

I have a IE page setup just for Internet Explorer, where IE users will be redirected to to tell them to stop using IE and with links to appropriate web browsers (wich in future a cookie system to skip the page if they don't care about errors).

Anyway does anyone know how to redirect the page using echo (only way I know how to redirect a page is the header redirect :p )to it would be like echo"/ie.php" or something like that.

you can do an html redirection.

and regarding the ie thing, I would not recommend to do this.. you will only loose users by telling them to use another browser. some users simply like ie. about the css problems with ie, it can always be fixed one way or another.

you can do an html redirection.

and regarding the ie thing, I would not recommend to do this.. you will only loose users by telling them to use another browser. some users simply like ie. about the css problems with ie, it can always be fixed one way or another.

With the IE thing, it will only redirect users who are using IE 6 or below (where there are MANY problems).

PHP:
<meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0;url=http://www.imagize.me/IEpage.php">
You mean like that?

EPIC!

If you now decide to use Internet Explorer 6 or lower you will be redirected to a special page ;)

All thanks to the one and only Lautaro!!

Why you want ie detection?

Because IE6 and lower has very large security flaws, and sometimes won't display the site correctly (due to how updated they are).

I'm fine with IE6 and above, but if they've got IE6 or lower then they do need to change.

Back