• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

multi upload problem 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustafa420c

Chevereto Member
When i try upload multiple photos, the page won't let me scroll down to click upload.

website is edmgods.com

also it won't let me upload raw JPG photos from my dslr camera

Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 2.45.29 PM.png

I need more details please like browser, versions, screen size, etc.

i have tried on the following setups.
windows 8, using google chrome and opera web browsers, screen size is (1600 x 900)
mac os x 10.9.2, using safari, firefox, and google chrome, screen size is(1280 x 800)

here is a screen shot walk through
http://edmgods.com/album/f

here is screen shot of server details
edmgods.png

Last edited:
I wasn't able to reproduce the error either in your site or in the demo and using the same screen sizes and the same image selection (+40 images). I think that this issue could be related to the image reader of the uploader and sadly to test that I will need to use the same files that you want to upload.

You can test if the images are causing the issue quickly: Can you try to see if you get the same error with these stock images? http://freakshare.com/files/mphf0moh/Stock_images.zip.html

In the case that the system works with the stock photos then we can move forward to the image reader and see why some of your photos are causing the issue.

Cheers.

so i have let the page load (including images) before i try to scroll, it creates the bug when i try to scroll down before the loading is finished, try uploading 50 to 100+ images at once it will lock up the script

Do you get the error with something like 30 images?

Yay not a problem on mine~ But I believe his problem is he is uploading raw DSLR images. Those files are huge...

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 14
That could be an issue. The reader uses JavaScript and I never test it with a lot of large images. As you may notice than can really stress the computer and maybe the script execution is halted. But I think that the issue is the images, maybe the reader just dribbles around.

The nature of the issue is most likely to be too much computing for the javascript and javascript runs in your computer. It will need a little more testing to identify a workaround.

To clarify the technical bit:

Chevereto is using Javascript to display the image thumbnails of each image in the upload window. This results in that each image is fully loaded into the browsers memory. Because of security reasons the script halts when too much memory is being used too fast or just runs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back