• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Multi Server

Before this feature, i think it's better first to have a user groups, disk/bw limit feature. ^^
That's debatable. I don't see much of a point in limiting peoples bandwidth/disk space... Where as I do need the multi-server function as to spread out load.

That's debatable. I don't see much of a point in limiting peoples bandwidth/disk space... Where as I do need the multi-server function as to spread out load.
This feature is required when you are hosting a large number of images if you dont limit users you Spending too much money ...

I know that multiserver is a must have but I also know that you want something that actually does the job and not just distribute the files among a bunch of machines. My goal is to make a system where each additional server will run a server version of Chevereto and that the load will be centralized in one server but in each additional server I will share the upload resources (CPU/RAM/Traffic), so it will be the real deal not just connect to FTP to X machine and just host the files there.

I know that multiserver is a must have but I also know that you want something that actually does the job and not just distribute the files among a bunch of machines. My goal is to make a system where each additional server will run a server version of Chevereto and that the load will be centralized in one server but in each additional server I will share the upload resources (CPU/RAM/Traffic), so it will be the real deal not just connect to FTP to X machine and just host the files there.
So more of a true load balancing system rather than a 'dumb' ftp -only style one.

and can be combined to do it instead of the dns cluster, each subsequent image added to another server after you create a subdomain on it? never be so that the first server had 100% of their connections to the product images, so when one end of the space - creates a subdomain on another server, but available on all servers within the cluster dns and then to the sub-domain images are sent through the API? database can be set to a different server or to hold such on the first ..

additional advantage may be the possibility of transferring part of the gallery to another server but then it has to be done checksum files before transfer and after the transfer. it is not possible to do load balancing without advanced algorithm or purchase such as a "rubin" from redhat.

if you need a real load balancing is purchased from LoadBalancer of baracuda and enter the server behind the spotlights without the use of asymmetric links between the switsch in the data center.

- sorry for the mistakes in English.

Last edited:
Back