• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Multi-regional and multilingual sites

We do that since ages.

Code:
<html xml:lang="en" lang="en" dir="ltr" class="tone-light">

A Chevereto website is just a multilingual website with a lang base and a user selectable language. Is not 15 websites with different languages, is one site written in one language and users can switch to other languages. There is no need to do anything else.

I meant that the entire page in several languages is also indexed -> /en/, / de/ etc. Also, the entire contents should therefore be multilingual. Starting from the pages, the profiles (with a speech flag in profile and source code), the categories to the content of the images (description etc.).
The text that can be entered at the pictures descriptions and titles is then dependent on the language selection of the user.

If you ask anyone who indeed has multi-regional websites the way to go is creating different websites with local country domains. Google always will rank better domain.de vs de.domain.com vs domain.com/de in the target market (in this case Germany) and I told you this because I see this everyday with Junkstr (a garage sales website). You can even go to webmasters tools and tell Google that de.domain.com is a website from Germany and he will rank you better in Germany, but never as good as a .de domain.

Google always came up with this new guidelines and rules but at the end the only people that seems to have this working are themselves and even most of their websites have the same structure that we have in Chevereto, they love to tell us how to do things but at the end we have to do what actually the Google search ranks better. Making one single website instance multi-regional is just plain wrong. The only workaround that could work is something like configurable multi-websites and that also have its own caveats like the machine capacity to deal with large set of websites. Like I've said (and not just this time) the best thing to do considering SEO, costs, efficiency and god knows how many other things is to create separate websites with a base language for each country that you want.

Key question here is: Do you want something that do the job or do you want something that does the job and get you real benefits over your competitors?

You are right. That's a rhetorical question.
Then maybe it would be the target to use a dashboard (master) to manage multiple domains (.de, .com etc). Then we have arrived at configurable multi-websites.
Thank you for your input.

Back