• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Moving entire site to local xampp server

anotherp

Chevereto Member
I seem to be having an issue or 2. I would like to copy my entire site to a local xampp server that has a domain registered through dyndns. The domain points to my home web server. I am not looking at hosting the site from home, i just have a few "ideas" I would like to test out before changing my main site. So here's what I have done.

- FTP Copied the entire site to my local XAMPP server.
- Backed up and restored MySQL databases from site to my local XAMPP Server.

What else do I need to do? The site simply loads with: Chevereto error: Internal Server Error

I am sure I am missing a step or 2 in here somewhere. Any ideas?

Your database connection has changed, check you settings.php and change IP to localhost if you are hosting on a homeserver. Also check if your user credentials are correct.

Have you double checked the database settings in:

app/settings.php

Presumably the domain is different so you'll probably need to hack a few paths as well in the database. Haven't checked but suggest you take a look at the entries in the database _settings table.

I've never tried Chevereto on a XAMPP server so not relly sure.

Edit: Opps... just posted same as tomsit :rolleyes:

That did correct my main issue. And thnk you so muh for pointing it out. The site is now running off the domain that is pointed to my home server.

1 Problem however. I have this error near my header on every page:

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in W:\xampp\htdocs\app\lib\integrity-check.php on line 167

The code in question:

167 if(count($install_errors) > 0){
168 Render\chevereto_die($install_errors);

Any other ideas?

Yep, they changed count() behavior in 7.2 as it was potentially masking bugs, should be ok on 7.1

Far as I know count() is backwards compatible so it returns 1 or NULL for non-countable objects. At least that is what they said in the RFC.

Ah... yes you're right, think it just throws out a warning now which it probably didn't do before in certain circumstances.

Back