• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Moved Images?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp3ctr3

Chevereto Member
I did a bit of searching, but either I'm searching the wrong things, or doing something wrong.

If I moved my "images" folder to say "img", how would users who are still using the old path be updated?

So if someone is using "http://www.imgsite.com/images/38fhs.jpg" and I moved the folder to "img", how would they still be able to use the old link without it saying that the image is not there and automatically show the new path?

I'm assuming a ".htaccess" edit?

You should rename the folder and then make a .htaccess rule to preserve the /oldfolder with a rewrite rule to /newfolder.

Rodolfo said:
You should rename the folder and then make a .htaccess rule to preserve the /oldfolder with a rewrite rule to /newfolder.

Yeah, but what is the .htaccess rule or what should I put? I did search and tried some things, but like I said, either I'm Googling the wrong terms, or I'm just plain doing it wrong.

I think I got it. Just added the following to the root .htaccess file.

Code:
RedirectMatch 301 /images/(.*) /NEWIMAGESFOLDERNAME/$1
RedirectMatch 301 /NEWIMAGESFOLDERNAME/thumbs/(.*) /NEWIMAGESFOLDERNAME/NEWTHUMBSFOLDERNAME/$1

And change the settings in config.php.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back