• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

missing write permission on session save path (php.ini session.save_path)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pascal

Chevereto Member
I got this error on my website:

G\: Sessions are not working on this server due to missing write permission on session save path (php.ini session.save_path).

Any quick idea?

Hummm...I'm now thinking that my host provider might have uploaded some stuff and it got screw up.

I'm not able to access phpMyAdmin either:
phpMyAdmin - Error
Error during session start; please check your PHP and/or webserver log file and configure your PHP installation properly. Also ensure that cookies are enabled in your browser.
session_start(): open(SESSION_FILE, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13)

Is it possible that a settings come to a default value somewhere?

Most likely sessions are not working on that server due to missing write permission on session save path (php.ini session.save_path).

I'm sorry but this is clearly a server issue. I've already told you the problem you should forward that to your server admin. Maybe you need to restart services?

In any case, please note that this is outside the scope of support.

The fact that phpmyadmin also fails tells you that is something on the server not the script. You can inject a different folder for session save path as is described here: https://chevereto.com/docs/server-issues (Settings hacks)

Beware with that, make sure that the path isn't public at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back