• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Meme Generator

I don't feel a meme generator would fit Chevereto, but the more features the better. I'm sure if it got implemented the right way it could get some new customers.

Why is it worrying ?
Because we're pulling away from the core product and going to get into a mode where it's becoming a niche only product, or simply bloatware.
It's called progress
Not really... Progress is highly subjective. I feel this would be the opposite of progress.

What I would love to see is CHV go the way of Wordpress. Independent admin panel with the ability to upload mods to the system for features such as this. Features like this would be perfect to be a mod where the person simply drops it into a folder and clicks install... Benefits of this is only the people who need it get it and there is no bloat and useless code to everyone else. This will allow for SO many more features to be easily customized and not the system we have now where we have to edit the theme and then the edits run the risk of breaking at updates OR we don't get updates to modified themes. The new current system is SO reliant on the main theme. I'd love to see way more features moved into easy (hook) calls. (Which I know is happening progressively).

I agree, although I have never used Wordpress but I have used phpBB for many years and customized My forum/s by adding mods (now extensions) to add features and enhance it so it has everything of what is required within my community, so yes a system like you mention is a good idea and I do like the idea as everyone gets what they want.

Benefits of this is only the people who need it get it and there is no bloat and useless code to everyone else. .

And that is why I suggested two versions because at the moment we do not have anything like you suggest and I don't think it's fair that with your attitude of NO I don't want it could mean others are denied a feature they want, the poll shows 69.6% of members ( who read the suggestions) want a meme generator

I have no idea what direction Rodolfo has planned for this script but if it is to stay on the same lines as it is and not go down the route of a version where you add what you want to it as you suggest then different versions could be a solution to those who want it and those who don't.
If Rodolfo goes down the route of what you suggest that will take time and for many they may not want to wait so having a second version with a meme generator would keep everyone happy while it is being developed.
The meme generator has the potential to expand to more editing features, crop, resize, rotate, colour etc and could be a real winner as I'm sure demand is out there just like demand is out there for a version without it.
As I see it apart from requests for enhancement to what we already have there is nothing else that would change the overall look and feel of how it is now other than this requested feature.

It's called progress
Not really... Progress is highly subjective. I feel this would be the opposite of progress.

So we stay as we are and don't give members something they want, that is the opposite of progress.

Chevereto development community is too small to think in plugins or third-party addons and at this time the best for Chevereto is me coding all things in a "native" way. That is 100x better than doing a plugin API just to find that very few will publish plugins and that most of them won't be free as everyone expects.

And the heart attack thing... To be honest, yes. Sometimes it causes some irritation to see that everyday new stuff get requested and just few understand that some things are needed, some things are just a nice addon, many things are totally not urgent and finally, some stuff is just plain not needed. After 10 years is easier to deal with that but the other party (I mean the person who wants/needs a given feature) rarely gets the concept of priorities in development and that will always bug my mind because is easier to think that I'm just mean instead that I'm building something for a massive audience. All the software companies get requests, I believe that Chevereto is one of the few where you can actually talk directly to the owner/developer, I'm always closer to what is needed or not, I monitor this everyday so I have a clear picture of priorities.

Regarding the meme generator, I will add it but not before all the other must have stuff.

No. We don't need to mess things up when it is smooth. I think chevereto should Focus on core parts first.
The voters don't agree though and it's only messing things up for those who don't want it.

As I have said before the script is that popular now and there will be members who consider things important and members who won't.
When I first came across Chevereto (several years ago) it was an image uploader but has gone in the direction of being more of a gallery with an upload feature, this is fine for those who want that but there are also members who just want an image uploader, those who want an image uploader with meme generator and those who want an Image uploader, meme generator and gallery.

I have a lot of respect for Rodolfo in the way he lets suggestions be made and discussed as he could very easy just upgrade a script periodically without asking what we need like others who make scripts do, I think that is why it is so popular and as I suggested before I think two versions would make it even more popular, one with an uploader + meme generator would be appeal to those who require a script with both and a script as it is now that works as a gallery will appeal to those who don't want a meme generator.

Even Facebook has sort of a meme generator, of course that we will get an editor + meme generator. ;)

Ok. I am cool with it as long as we have the flexibility to disable them if required. :) So far I love chevereto script, and the flexibility it has to offer.

D: I feel like this is the worst feature ever requested.

No one is forcing to use it...

Search feature too one of the least used feature in most websites (& in image hosting sites it would barely cross 0.5% of activity)... but still we add it, why?

Think most of us need more visitors to our sites (unless it is a private one) and if a feature helps us get them... then, why not have it ?

Sometimes... Direct democracy is terrible, terrible thing.

Is not that bad. What matters is understand that we have different needs, that we can talk about it and do stuff based on those opinions.

Chevereto is so big right now that I can hardly identify what was the original plans for it and while it keeps us running then let's do it and move forward to the next feature.

Reactions: SMP
@Rodolfo eagerly look forward eagerly meme generator.

Please give this feature in the new version . Your code generator will devour the competitors in the market ... we love you crushed us . You get paid if you do want to buy anyway. But it is missing something for a lack Chevereto script ...

Back