• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Max Size increase

jd3101

Chevereto Member
Hello,

Not sure if this question has been asked before, but is there any chance of increasing the max upload size from 2MB to something bigger? Like 5MB?

That limit is ruled by the max value at php.ini

You must change that in php.ini then go to dashboard > settings > image upload

Is there any possible constraints by enlarging this? Other than possibly using more memory.

Yes.

If you highly increase the limit (something above 20 MB) you will cause that the system will accept large post sizes and that could compromise your network. Also by having large uploads PHP will need more time and resources to process those images. Finally, large images will also cause an increase in bandwidth.

Hmm alright, I just want to make it a bit bigger, since some people are saying the max size is too small.

And also, could you mind telling me where I can find this php.ini?

Ive just read that and it only says I have to access the php.ini file, but I can't find it anywhere.

Sorry if I missed anything.

Yes, but I can't find the php.ini file itself.
I've tried doing a phpinfo call but still can't locate the path to that file.

No, 512 is 512 MB not 2 MB. The max value is in php.ini and chevereto value will be allowed below or equal that range.

Oh, just getting confused here since I asked arvixe(my hosting provider) and they said I change that the max 2MB value in the php configuration page.

For instance PHP setting 10 MB means that you can set the max size in Chevereto to anything like 2MB, 5MB, but not 11MB. You can't override server max limit, is really simple. Arvixe limit is 512 MB which means that you can use 2, 4, 15, 512 etc.

Like I've told you several times before, the max image upload size limit depends on the server setting to set the max allowed limit. The limit used in Chevereto is the limit that you set in your chevereto installation, not the server max.

Last edited:
Back