• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Make Use of Existing Database

HappyDayz

Chevereto Noob
Currently my website (dayzeddesigns.com) is "Powered by Mihalism Multi Host". I really do not like the software and I was looking for a different solution.

Does Chevereto have the ability to integrate with my existing database so all of the uploaded images I am currently storing for people will remain? I hope I am making sense...

Currently I am hosting over 16,000 images at that website. What kind of a job am I looking at to switch image hosting scripts to yours?

Thanks!!

~HD :cool:

The current Chevereto release doesn't use dB at all, so it can't merge any existing dB.
About the files, it depends on how are they organized. If they are all on a /folder (and no sub-folders inside) it should work.

Regards.

Rodolfo said:
The current Chevereto release doesn't use dB at all, so it can't merge any existing dB.
About the files, it depends on how are they organized. If they are all on a /folder (and no sub-folders inside) it should work.

Regards.

The folder structure is like this: public_html/images/ and all images are stored in that folder with a name like: mot4sjpis9tmafoqiwb.jpg The file gets renamed once uploaded to a randomly generated one.

I am excited! This may be the solution I am looking for here.

Thanks for the reply Rodolfo! :D

~HD :smoking2:

Then it should work, just don't replace the images folder.
Remember that you will lose your current db because Chevereto currently doesn't use dB.

Back