• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Mail fall back on smtp fail.

I would like SMTP failure notifications. I found out my server was failing to send SMTP after a while of it just not working. :/ Explained why signs up lowered.

This happen to me last year. My Chevereto SMTP failed and I didn't know about it for many days. There should a option to send alert for all types of issues like database problem, file storage issue and email fails. Obviously site cannot send about itself being offline. But all other possible error/down should be notified if possible.

Everytime smtp fails (or anything critical fails) it logs that into the error_log file. I know, no one opens to that file.

There is one question of how will it notify us when the email SMTP fails. Either it has to fall back to phpmail() like two411 said or should show notification in admin console like the update available notification.

If I notify via phpmail when SMTP fails, how do I notify when phpmail fails? I think that the best is to log these errors in a different file and show it to you in 1. Top bar notifications, 2. Dashboard panel.

If I notify via phpmail when SMTP fails, how do I notify when phpmail fails? I think that the best is to log these errors in a different file and show it to you in 1. Top bar notifications, 2. Dashboard panel.
Yes it would be the best. In future this file could be used to display other error/fail notifications too.

I will add a phpmail() alert when SMTP fails for folks not using transactional email services (I won't ask why).

Request status:
  • Labeled as "Accepted"
  • ETA next release

Back