• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Login Loop (bounced back to login screen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Chevereto Member
Hi, I'm wondering why I cannot login to my Chevereto?

Every time I tried to login it always bounced me back to login screen.

How to debug this?

This kind of issues are caused by aggressive session cache. Two times already I've saw two installations with bad session handling which causes that auth_token doesn't work so login doesn't work.

There is nothing wrong in cache sessions (or just about anything else) but the settings should be fine tuned. For Chevereto 3.7.0 I will add a detection system for this kind of issues, but at this time I recommend you you first try to shutdown any cache, rebuild, then try again.

Finally, this is just bad config. The system uses $_SESSION and problem is that those sessions are not being issued on next load, or the thing is just not saving properly. To be honest I don't know because I don't cache sessions, I believe that is a bad practice, or at least, aggressive session cache is a very bad practice.

This kind of issues are caused by aggressive session cache. Two times already I've saw two installations with bad session handling which causes that auth_token doesn't work so login doesn't work.

There is nothing wrong in cache sessions (or just about anything else) but the settings should be fine tuned. For Chevereto 3.7.0 I will add a detection system for this kind of issues, but at this time I recommend you you first try to shutdown any cache, rebuild, then try again.

Finally, this is just bad config. The system uses $_SESSION and problem is that those sessions are not being issued on next load, or the thing is just not saving properly. To be honest I don't know because I don't cache sessions, I believe that is a bad practice, or at least, aggressive session cache is a very bad practice.
I don't have any cache running, I disabled all caching in this virtual host.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back