• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigran

Chevereto Member
Hi Rodolfo,

i move my domain to new hosts few times. Never get such an problem. But few days ago, i moved to new vps, and after i got a strange problem.

Now, when i`am trying to log in, script forwarding me to index, and noting goes on. If iam trying to enter wrong password, i`am getting error, but with correct password, i cant access to dashboard.

I try to reset it with - forget password. All goes ok, and iam changing password without any problem, but still, cant access.
How to fix this?

The reset password issue was fixed in 3.10.10, I assume you are on an earlier version?

Have you got another account like a test user you could use ?

If so then I guess you could access the chv_users table in the database and make the user an admin. Just find the "user_is_admin" column and amend the entry for that user from a "0" to a "1" (without quotes).

It would at least get you in and you could then reset the main admin account. Just an idea ;)

However, if you are not comfortable accessing the database direct like that then don't do it.

This could be a session issue. I don't know how you configured your server but most likely is a pre-made build because I'm seeing this too often in self owned vps. Issues related to login/logout.

The script already does several session checking but in some cases, I'm seeing that values previously set are not being updated properly. My guess is that the file system has some kind of cache that doesn't flushes fast enough. If you didn't know, sessions are just files stored somewhere.

Check if the session related properties are different compared with your old server. Disable any server cache just to check. I can recall that a similar issues was caused by a very aggressive session csching.

This could be a session issue. I don't know how you configured your server but most likely is a pre-made build because I'm seeing this too often in self owned vps. Issues related to login/logout.

The script already does several session checking but in some cases, I'm seeing that values previously set are not being updated properly. My guess is that the file system has some kind of cache that doesn't flushes fast enough. If you didn't know, sessions are just files stored somewhere.

Check if the session related properties are different compared with your old server. Disable any server cache just to check. I can recall that a similar issues was caused by a very aggressive session csching.

Thank you for your reply dear Rodolfo!
In case to check this problem after your reply, i setup few vps in my side, and start test this problem.

Problem exist, if we useing same internet provider and browser. Server/setup is not a problem. After deleteing local session file, and chaging internet provider, we can log in without any problem in same browser..

I try few times, all is ok now! So solution with deleting session is helping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back