• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Local storage help needed

ClausBagge

Chevereto Member
Hi all,

Tried posting in "community support" but I'm not able to accept the "community support rules" :)

I've just purchased yesterday because I needed the ability to add local storage, I'm however having trouble figuring out how to add my local storage folder.

I run Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials.

The parts I'm trying to figure out is the path and url, having a hard time figuring out what to put here.

Is the path relative (to what) or can i put a path like d:/pictures?
And what should be put in url?

Thanks in advance,
Claus

For local storage just put a folder name like "images" then the folder will be created in C:/inetpub/wwwroot and all images will then be stored in that folder.
If you want to use the D drive that will be classed as external storage under the "External storage" menu, then yes the full path will be needed, e.g. D:/files/chevereto/images or wherever the files will be stored.

Thank you for the assistance.

If I point to a folder on my D-drive it errors with "Can't update storage details. Error: Can't work in target directory " - I guess it needs write permissions?

Yeah the folder exists, if i give the IUSR and IIS_IUSR write access it accepts it - so seems it was a permission issue.

How do I get it to pickup the files in the folder though? clicking search content shows 0 results.

As long as it's set as active in the settings any uploaded images will go in to that folder, it won't pick any up that you copy there manually.

Chevereto will not pick up existing files in a folder (yet). We have an upcomming release with a new import tool (for paid license only)

Tried posting in "community support" but I'm not able to accept the "community support rules" :)

And you shouldn't post there either. Community Support is: "General support for any issue making your website unresponsive or causing failures." which doesn't apply in this case. This should go to FAQ as Feedback is to discuss about actual features, not to ask "how should I?".

Moved to FAQ.

Back