• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Linode Install Error

newmissions

Chevereto Member
I tried tried to deploy via the Linode Marketplace, using the link on the Chevereto deploy page (https://chevereto.com/deploy)
The process tracked the directions (https://www.linode.com/marketplace/...o/?r=b14b22fdc1bf3f958fdf294c5a8624627d7f2315) exactly. I added the required license key and emails, user names and passwords.

However, after step 9, Click "Install Chevereto" button, I end up with this error message:
Error: Unable to parse server response. The installer is expecting a JSON response, but your server thrown this:<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<p>The requested URL was not found on this server.</p>
</body></html>

Not quite sure what to do from here. Was using the Linode Market to simplify installation as it's all new to me..
I deleted the Linode and then tried again, same result.
I DID NOT yet do the Certbot or mysql_secure_installation steps from the root 'splash screen'/MOTD

Does the Linode deploy work still?
Thank you
Seth

Here's the screenshot:
Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 1.12.02 PM.png

Solution
Hi,
Just saw the update about the marketplace. I ended up going the VPS route, with a Linode Ubuntu 20.04 LTS server.
Seemed to work ok. (Having email setup issues, but that's apparently a Linode thing)

I am having an issue which I'm not clear if its a VPS install issue or otherwise.
I did the setup steps to secure mysql with the password rules and new password.

The error I get seems to be permissions when I'm testing the bulk importing:
  • I uploaded 15 jpg files to ./importing/no-parse/ using Cyberduck
  • Ran the importing command

Output shows an error "...jpg is not writable". Below is the console output

Searched the community but couldn't find that kind of error.

I can open a new ticket if needed.

Thank you,
Seth...
Hi,

I can confirm that the Linode provisioning is not working properly as it is using an outdated installer. We need to update the provisioning system, something that will take some time so I won't expect that the Linode deploy works anytime soon.

You should try using this method: 👉 chevereto/vps which works everywhere. Delete the marketplace linode and start fresh.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Hi again, I've some updates.
  • Here's the pull request that fixes the issue you reported. This is required to fix the marketplace application listing.
  • Here's the updated Chevereto stack script in case you need to deploy services using Linode and the marketplace update takes too long.
Hope it helps, let me know if you managed to get the software installed and if you need any further help.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Hi,
Just saw the update about the marketplace. I ended up going the VPS route, with a Linode Ubuntu 20.04 LTS server.
Seemed to work ok. (Having email setup issues, but that's apparently a Linode thing)

I am having an issue which I'm not clear if its a VPS install issue or otherwise.

Thank you,
Seth

root@localhost:/# sudo -u www-data php /var/www/html/cli.php -C importing
* Processing job id #1
1638894743 - [Thread #0] Import process started (job ID 1)
1638894743 - [Thread #0] ================================================================================
1638894743 - [Thread #0] Current iteration: /var/www/html/importing/no-parse/C04906-(2019-12-03)_SP.jpg
1638894743 - [Thread #0] About to get DB importing lock for /var/www/html/importing/no-parse/C04906-(2019-12-03)_SP.jpg
1638894743 - [Thread #0] Path /var/www/html/importing/no-parse/C04906-(2019-12-03)_SP.jpg is not writable, the job #1 must be canceled
1638894743 - [Thread #0] Path /var/www/html/importing/no-parse/C04906-(2019-12-03)_SP.jpg is not writable, the job #1 must be canceled
1638894743 - [Thread #0] Updating importing status to canceled (the error must be addressed)
1638894743 - [Thread #0] Chunked process ended (killed)
1638894743 - [Thread #0] ================================================================================

The console output goes on to process the empty parse-users and parse-albums (which I will ultimately use) jobs

Hi,

Thank you,
Seth

The console output goes on to process the empty parse-users and parse-albums (which I will ultimately use) jobs
Here's the jpg permissions on the server (via Cyberduck)
It's unclear to me if the error is from the source file, or when it processes the file and writes it out to the final location.

It's unclear to me if the error is from the source file, or when it processes the file and writes it out to the final location.
I have turned off uploadin. Looking to have the admin account upload via bulk import only.
From the importing docs, it looks like no-parse would upload as guest, which I had turned off uploading.

I turned it back on and still got the same error.

Tried using parse-users, with the username of the admin (nmadmin), get an error similar to the no-parse saying the user directory isn't writable.

* Processing job id #2
1638896806 - [Thread #0] Import process started (job ID 2)
1638896806 - [Thread #0] ================================================================================
1638896806 - [Thread #0] Current iteration: /var/www/html/importing/parse-users/nmadmin
1638896806 - [Thread #0] Path /var/www/html/importing/parse-users/nmadmin is not writable, the job #2 must be canceled
1638896806 - [Thread #0] Path /var/www/html/importing/parse-users/nmadmin is not writable, the job #2 must be canceled
1638896806 - [Thread #0] Updating importing status to canceled (the error must be addressed)
1638896806 - [Thread #0] Chunked process ended (killed)
1638896806 - [Thread #0] ================================================================================

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 11.50.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 11.50.24 AM.png
    72.5 KB · Views: 1
Hi,

Thank you,
Seth

I have turned off uploadin. Looking to have the admin account upload via bulk import only.
From the importing docs, it looks like no-parse would upload as guest, which I had turned off uploading.

I turned it back on and still got the same error.

Tried using parse-users, with the username of the admin (nmadmin), get an error similar to the no-parse saying the user directory isn't writable.
So I figured this out. I was uploading as root, so I had to do the import as root. (No sudu -u www-data)

Thanks

Solution
Back