• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Link to SiteMap

imgamd85

Chevereto Member
Hi,

I would like to submit a sitemap to google search console.. Can anyone mention the link that needs to be submitted to Search Console

Hi.. Thanks .. this partially worked. I added two files as mentioned in the thread. But i dono wat to do with Add con job section... Do i need to create a files and add the code and place it in themes or app?

And google search console gives this error when i submit the site map.

Your Sitemap appears to be an HTML page. Please use a supported sitemap format instead.

It's not my customization - so you need to ask @SMP in any cases of problems.

If you have Shell access, you can create an cron with the command "crontab -e". If you use a control panel like "cPanel" it should be hav an option to add an cronjob (I don't use panels like this).

I also did not use Google Webmaster tools - I ping directly to the search engines. What did the error message say?

The error is: Your Sitemap appears to be an HTML page. Please use a supported sitemap format instead.

Can u just hint me how to ping search engines directly... i am planning to updates around 500 images per day

You don't need a sitemap. Google is smart enough to do the crawling without it.

Hi.. Thanks .. this partially worked. I added two files as mentioned in the thread. But i dono wat to do with Add con job section... Do i need to create a files and add the code and place it in themes or app?

And google search console gives this error when i submit the site map.

Your Sitemap appears to be an HTML page. Please use a supported sitemap format instead.

You need to create two new files one in app/routes/ folder and another in app/themes/Peafowl/views/ and run it

Opening your-site-name.tld/xml-sitemap should create your-site-name.tld/sitemap-index.xml which you need to submit to console (the xml file here).

You can run it manually opening the above url or create a cron to generate it as needed.

You don't need a sitemap. Google is smart enough to do the crawling without it.

With the new page navigation its better to have one (needed if one wants to disable explore and want to get indexed)

Hmmm ... did you read the other thread? Everything is there described.

I don't know which file you send to the Webmaster tools - If you open your sitemap (www.your.domain/sitemap-index.xml) in the browser, you will see, that it is an XML file.

This worked for me.

@Rodolfo and yes google will index websites even without site map. My previous install received decent visits from google without search console help

Last edited:
Back