• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Limit Local Storage and Add Local Storage Place

blackjack

Chevereto Member
Hi,

i found already 2 Topics they are rejected...

But i think its important to limit local storage. When the server had 1 TB i want to set the local limit to 900GB because this protect the server and the system.

My provider allow to add new hdds and mount this space in my server. For that i need to add new local storage in the script where i can choose the diffrent image folder.

I know that many people want both features.
I hope you can add it.

Sry for my bad english.

Best regards

i want to set the local limit to 900GB because this protect the server and the system.

Limit the local disk allocation doesn't protect anything. When the disk is full or nearly full, the thing that will happen is that _SESSIONS, MySQL and several other disk dependent systems won't work properly. For MySQL the problem will be that the engine won't be able to write large temp tables but that won't affect the actual database. This problem doesn't compromise the system, however, your website won't work as expected.

Set a minimum free space seems to be the best thing to do here because if you set the available allocation you will need to update this allocation every time you increase the actual disk. So, I believe that the best thing to do is to set the minimum free space required (something like 20-50 MB) and trigger an email notification when the system hits this.

Regarding the other suggestion, I'm sorry but I won't even talk about it because the rule of thumb here is to post one request per topic so please don't mix stuff. Nothing against you is just that I've to keep things in order.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Last edited:
Hi blackjack,
I have fix it for me with a qouta for the webuser where the script is running. If you use Plesk, Confixx, CPanel, Froxlor or something like that for server-administration, then you can set it up easy.

Limit the local disk allocation doesn't protect anything. When the disk is full or nearly full, the thing that will happen is that _SESSIONS, MySQL and several other disk dependent systems won't work properly. For MySQL the problem will be that the engine won't be able to write large temp tables but that won't affect the actual database. This problem doesn't compromise the system, however, your website won't work as expected.

Set a minimum free space seems to be the best thing to do here because if you set the available allocation you will need to update this allocation every time you increase the actual disk. So, I believe that the best thing to do is to set the minimum free space required (something like 20-50 MB) and trigger an email notification when the system hits this.

I know what happen when the disk is full ... this is the reason because i wanted the limit .. -,-
I dont understand why you dont handle the local storage like any other storage provider?
I think a easy way is to set an option for a limit.

I have fix it for me with a qouta for the webuser where the script is running. If you use Plesk, Confixx, CPanel, Froxlor or something like that for server-administration, then you can set it up easy.

A quata is not an option in my case.

I dont understand why you dont handle the local storage like any other storage provider?

It must be done in a different way because the local storage is not only used by Chevereto. It used by the server log, PHP, MySQL, etc. Since a server can hold multiple websites (Chevereto or not) you have to base your limit in how many storage is left not in how much you want to use.

I will add a way to determine a minimum safe free space available with notifications and all the fancy stuff.

Cheers.

Back