• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Let's talk about money making

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Hey there,

I'm in the middle of the design of the permissions layer that will allow to configure user groups and what they can do/see. My intention is to create a base system where additional permissions/limits could be added to satisfy any monetization/limiting need. When I say "any" I really do.

For example, to allow users of group X to access content published from users of Y group two weeks before it goes into general public. What about allow users of "premium" group to automatically implement lossless compression on every image upload, saving storage space. Have you think about charging extra for top tier storage? Like pay $5 extra and get your uploads in the expensive S3 or what about allowing GIF uploads only if you are at least a subscriber?

That kind of sick level of customization is what I'm trying to achieve!

To improve this design process I need you to tell me your ideas on how you think that you toggle the plugs to achieve your monetization needs. That way I can design a system prepared for truly everything.

So, how about if we start making money?

Hi,

I'm very new to Chevereto, so I can't suggest much yet. However I just implemented Facebook comments, and right after that I red this your thread.
So a thought automatically hit my brain - permission for Premium subscribers to manage (delete unwanted) comments on their images/albums. And also permission to "ban" another user(s) from commenting their stuff (like xenForo's ban from reply in a thread).

I like the idea of being able to limit content to another group. There are if admin, if member, etc things in the code. If we can apply that to if members, we can keep custom features for members of a certain rank only ie: such as my site's new randomizer feature. I originally thought of charging for things like sub-albums or some other extra but not core features.

I love the idea of better storage, or better S3 etc.

permission for Premium subscribers to manage (delete unwanted) comments on their images/albums. And also permission to "ban" another user(s) from commenting their stuff (like xenForo's ban from reply in a thread).
Great idea, thanks!

I like the idea of being able to limit content to another group. There are if admin, if member, etc things in the code. If we can apply that to if members, we can keep custom features for members of a certain rank only ie: such as my site's new randomizer feature. I originally thought of charging for things like sub-albums or some other extra but not core features.
Sure, in fact, there are two concepts there: Roles and user groups. A role is for "user", "admin", "mod", etc. Is the people who has a certain permission layer to use the system (for example, only mods can flag content or only admins can access to the dashboard). So, application permissions goes under the concept of role. In the other hand, user groups refers to collections of users which access to certain content provided by other users. My goal is to have both concepts at the same time.

With roles you will be able to setup a service where users will store and share their stuff, so users who pay extra get access to more features or increase a given limitation, like how many images per album, how many users can be followed, etc. That's neat and is a step forward, but I don't want to stop there.

There's a lot of potential if I manage to get users to be able to create their own content access permissions and charge for it. For example, a content creator could use the service to provide its own content store, and control the interaction with the audience so troubles like moderate spam comments could become a new revenue stream if the user is able to charge for that in the first place. Same goes to early content access, who can download something, etc.

IMO there's money in service limitations, but there's even more money in content access.

The feature I messaged you about is popular to my users. I've already have over 1,200 being used now :D It could've easily been locked down to a certain role I bet, to generate said link. In addition I feel like as new features of Chevereto come out, it'd be cool to lock it out to the early donors first of a site/content maker.

You are amazing at describing it. There is more money in content access. Would like... Say a .zip of an album be within that realm or a limitation?

I think that is bad idea to allow GIF uploads only to Premium members, even the lossless compression or the benefits of s3, why, as first all those functions are the core default things every serious chevereto website should use and have, i would like to see something like:

Premium membership includes:

(u can only earn money when u order premium membership, which is like a verification)

Monetization of views (CPM - cost per 1000 impressions, something like active view CPM would be nice)
  1. guets should be charged with lowest ratio
  2. members should be charged with higher ratio, because they stay probably longer on the monetized image + the likes and comments
(some protection or filter for fake views, http proxy, bots..)

Donation possibility

maybe use the power of Chevere for making payment gateway which can be used for charging fees too, and those fees can be used as extra earning or for taxes if u go legal, with payment functions like: paypal, stripe, credit cards, e-wallets, cryptocurrency?
benefits od donations:
  1. guest and members can donate money for each picture - something like tipp
  2. or only to a person (the donation function is only allowed to premium members)
Subscription

Possibility to subscribe a member monthly, and the sub function should be only given to verified premium members:
  1. subscribers get exclusive access to private content - like patreon - if there is any from the sub member
  2. every member who subscribes should have special badge/icon from the subscribed premium member (he can upload his own icon in the dasboad, admins must allow)
  3. possibility for own watermark on own images
And there we are again, payment gateway, maybe integrate one, or make own and keep fees, this part of function (payment gateway) you can charge as extra plugin.

More "core" premium functions

Mem generator, Video to Gif, and so on..

And possibility for website owner to turn on reverse image search function for premium members, api integration of tineye.com
The TinEye API is ideally suited for image and profile verification, UGC moderation, copyright compliance and fraud detection.

Both sides should earn, the webmaster:
  1. monthly charge of premium membership
  2. fees from donations and subscriptions
and the premium member:
  1. Monetization of the views (there is no fees)
  2. from donations
  3. from subscriptions

Best regards..

Say a .zip of an album be within that realm or a limitation?
When it comes to a zip download the actual limitation is that is a process that you don't know how it is going to take, is not that it eat too many resources, is just that you don't know when it will be ready. This applies for any time consuming task, like sending a newsletter, process image recognition, etc.

The realm of V4 architecture are job queues, so anything that used to be out of bonds was just erased. No more technical limitations, V4 could take all the time it needs, under any given hardware, to complete any task and notify back the user so in V4 the idea is that the usage/hardware limits you, not the application.

core default things every serious chevereto website should use and have
For example, why charge extra for automatic lossless compression? Rather than eat that cost, the user could pay for having that thing automatically applied. Why? Because the user will also save space, is a direct benefit that will allow you to profit and keep improving and providing the service. In other contexts perhaps you want to compress everything by default and ask people to pay to don't compress their uploads. The important thing here is to be able to freely choose what fits to your concrete user base.

About payment gateways, the idea is to provide it as a core feature and add extra methods via third-party plugins.

I would like to suggest the following features for "premium" users.
  1. Higher image upload size limit. (Same as we have a separate limit for registered and guest users)
  2. Higher flood protection limit. (Paid subscribers can upload more images per day)
  3. Separate external storage server for paid subscribers. (So we can offer faster image load times and bandwidth)
  4. Ad-free browsing experience. (I think this is a must)
  5. Premium member logo/tag on user profile.
  6. Video to Gif Converter, image editor, meme editor etc if possible

1. "Gift code" that you can give away to someone to unlock a premium membership for X time.
  2. How about using Quickty's backend a tad, and allow a mini-file upload to go to the image page. Like: Hey so this graphic was made using Adobe Photoshop, etc. Download below v for the tutorial. This would be a cool thing to have for paid members to be able to upload their tutorials or psds. Or even limit it to a rank, and charge for people to download.
Rodolfo this is a massive undertaking I'd just be happy with basic permissions like mkerala suggested and architecture hooks where we can slowly expand them on our own.

1. An "incoming" feature that allows you to generate an unique link to give away to someone you want to share a file with you. This person won't need to login, signup, anything. Just send you files/content for a period of time or number of files.
  2. A mobile keyboard, like those GIF keyboards but with your images. That way you can access your collection in any app without leaving.
  3. A browser extension that allows you to see and share your uploads in any given website (same as 2 but for web browsers, replaces PUP)

Back