• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Language file not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

dechiridas

Chevereto Noob
I've installed chevereta following the instructions in the documentation but it's not working. I'm only getting one error related to language files:
Can't find language file. Please check your lang in the config.php file.
This doesn't really offer me any guidance to fix the issue. The only relevant line in the config file is this
Code:
$config['lang'] = 'en';
I have tried setting auto_lang to false to see if this would have any effect. It does not. I'm at a loss for what I should do.

Are you sure that you have uploaded the /content/languages folder?

Yes I have. All of the language folders with their appropriate chevereto_lang.php files are present. If it helps I have run the tool that tests whether you can actually run chevereto and my server passed that.

I see. I'm afraid that I need to check this on your server, it seems to be something with the file_exists function and some versions of PHP (I've notice a weird behavior of this function on some servers)... it also can be a error on the path declaration.

Anyway, I need to check this on your server. If you don't have issues sharing this info with me please send me a email to inbox@chevereto.com or fill the contact form with your FTP data. I will find the error, fix it and check it on a similar environment.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

I am having the same problem.

I upgraded from 2.0.1 to 2.0.3 and only uploaded the changed files.

Now all I get when I open the website is:
Can't find language file. Please check your lang in the config.php file.

UPDATE:
I just did a fresh install in another folder just to test and it works perfectly!

UPDATE 2:
I used that fresh install and moved only my custom theme to the test folder and everything worked as it should.
I guess I did something wrong while upgrading.
It works great, now.

Since 2.0.3 all the paths have been redefined. It's vital to update every file.

So, dechiridas have you worked out this? Please notice what I have told you, I can check this on your server but I need FTP access to work on it. If you need help please send me this info to inbox@chevereto.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back