• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Kept getting error when set up SMTP email

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriHoang

Chevereto Member
I kept getting the error "Invalid SMTP server", "Invalid SMTP username", "Invalid SMTP password" when trying to set up SMTP email.
My inputs were:
Code:
SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 465
SMTP username: myemailaddress@gmail.com
SMTP password: mypasswordatgmailcom
Security: TLS
Please help, thank you!

I don't really know. I tried multiples SMTP services such as PostMark, Google Mail, Mandarill,... (still waiting for AWS SES to get approved).
And the only one that worked perfectly with Chevereto is Mandarill.
- PostMark: able to save but not able to send any email
- Gmail: not able to save at all

I think your issue with Gmail was because google uses port 465 for SMTPS that requires SSL security setting.
If you would like to use TLS(STARTTLS) security, you'll need to use port 587.
See "Standard configuration instructions" on https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/1668960?rd=1#ts=1665119,1665162

Just something I figured out while looking for the way to make it work with my own smtp server, which doesn't even require auth for localhost connections.

By the way, maybe make it possible to specify empty SMTP username and password, for cases such as mine(smtp server on the same server as chevereto, relaying only for trusted networks and doesn't provide any auth support), where chevereto doesn't really need to authenticate but tries anyway.

Last edited:
I've tested with a usual cpanel smtp on SSL and sendgrind which is TLS and worked. The whole point of using SMTP is take advantage of its security and that is why the connection is done using credentials and certificate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back