• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Just Signed Up With Backblaze. Are There Any How-To's For A Newbie

Phil Boyd

Chevereto Member
My site is currently hosted on a shared hosting plan and I really need to move it.
Like I stated in the title I'm trying out Backblaze B2. I have about 8gb of images so the Free Plan would work good for now.

What I could use is a basic How To for using Cheverto with Backblaze or any other Cloud Hosting that would be similar in operation. I'm assuming I could just set it up for present uploads now and transfer the rest later or does it all need to be done at one time?

Ok, I think I got it .... Thank You!

And just a silly question ... Will deleting the files on Chevereto delete the files on Backblaze as well?

Ok, I think I got it .... Thank You!

And just a silly question ... Will deleting the files on Chevereto delete the files on Backblaze as well?
Yes, long as you keep running the Chevereto cron command.

Good Deal.
Now, the existing files on the original server, what would be the best way to transfer them to Backblaze?

https://rclone.org/ supports backblaze, I use it all the time, on Windows and Linux.
Ok, I'm looking into that right now.
Is that something I run from my end or is it installed on my server?

And -- As I've just begun looking into how I would accomplish this, I've seen something about needed to edit the database to show the new (Backblaze) URLs of the images.
Is this correct? It kinda makes sense.

I would install on the old server and transfer to backblaze that way, as for the database I have no idea.
To be honest it would save a lot of trouble if you leave the existing images where they are and use Backblaze as a new external storage, you only have 8gb so far, that should be no problem for any host.

I guess normally I would just leave them on the old server but in this case the "old" server is a shared hosting plan. With all my "things" on it I'm using close 20 gb of space. It's Unlimited of course, but I know unlimited doesn't really mean unlimited.
I'm just thinking, being it's shared hosting, I may not be able to even install RClone on it.

Ok, well thanks. I'll go spend some time on the RClone site and check it out. I'm not in a hurry so I got time.
Have a good one!

Just saw there's an FTP feature for RClone. Maybe that's the ticket.

Back