• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

jQuery Update from v1.10.2 to v3.4.1

DeCysos

Phoenix Foto Service
In Deutsch
--------------
Hallo,
da ich für einige Funktionen die neueste jQuery Version benötige stellt sich für mich die Frage:
Ist es möglich die jQuery Komponente von der Aktuell genutzten Version 1.10.2 von Chevereto einfach zu updaten?
Pfad: /lib/Peafowl/js
Datei: jquery.min.js & jquery-1.10.2.min.map
Wofür steht in dem genannten Ordner die Datei jquery.formatCurrency.min.js?
Ich hatte bereits versucht die Datei jquery.min.js durch die neue Version zu ersetzten, doch leider gab es dann einige Funktionsausfälle auf einer meiner Seiten.

Vielleicht kann mir jemand einen Tipp geben, eine Anleitung schreiben oder einfach nur sagen "Nein das geht nicht einfach so ohne alles mögliche von Chevereto umzuschreiben".

--------------------------
Translatet into english
Hi,
since I need the latest jQuery version for some functions, the question arises for me:
Is it possible to easily update the jQuery component of the currently used version 1.10.2 of Chevereto?
Path: /lib/Peafowl/js
File: jquery.min.js & jquery-1.10.2.min.map
What does the file jquery.formatCurrency.min.js stand for in the named folder?
I had already tried to replace the file jquery.min.js with the new version, but unfortunately there were some malfunctions on one of my pages.

Maybe someone can give me a tip, write a tutorial or just say "No, that's just not possible without rewriting everything from Chevereto".

Certainly you can update jquery, but you have to be aware of the depreciations that could affect existing code. You could try and see as I'm totally ignorant of the outcome.

Chances are that it will work and have very small issues.

In Deutsch
-------------
So, leider musste ich es aufgeben die jQuery komponente zu Updaten.
Durch die Änderung der der jQuery Datei werden noch ganz andere funktionen beschädigt welche ich noch umschreiben müsste.
Doch leider fehlt mir der bezug zu JS :)

Aus diesem Grund habe ich mich entschlossen, einen anderen weg zu gehen um mein Vorhaben (Lightbox2) zu intigrieren.
Mein Vorhaben konnte umgesetzt werden, womit nun Lightbox2 zu meiner Zufriedenheit voll funktionsfähig ist und Chevereto auch noch weiterhin reibungslos funktioniert.

Sollte jemand interesse haben, dann kann ich gern ein Tutorial dazu schreiben. (Für die Kaufversion)

Translatet into english
So, unfortunately I had to give it up to update the jQuery component.
By changing the jQuery file will be damaged completely different functions which I would have to rewrite.
But unfortunately I miss the reference to JS :)

For this reason, I have decided to go another way to intigrieren my project (Lightbox2).
My project could be implemented, which now Lightbox2 is fully functional to my satisfaction and Chevereto still works smoothly.

If anyone is interested, then I can write a tutorial about it. (For the purchase version)

In software, major versions means breaking changes. From 1 to 3 the changes could be massive so ideally, this should support the latest 1.X syntax and simply add the jquery migrate script: https://github.com/jquery/jquery-migrate/#README

That will allow to support new jquery features and the codebase won't need to be rewritten.

In software, major versions means breaking changes. From 1 to 3 the changes could be massive so ideally, this should support the latest 1.X syntax and simply add the jquery migrate script: https://github.com/jquery/jquery-migrate/#README

That will allow to support new jquery features and the codebase won't need to be rewritten.

Thank you Rodolfo

I was also looking into jQuery Migrate in optimizing my site, it mentions the following:

NOTE: To upgrade to jQuery 3.0, you first need version 1.12.x or 2.2.x. If you're using an older version, first upgrade to one of these versions using jQuery Migrate 1.x, to resolve any compatibility issues. For more information about the changes made in jQuery 3.0, see the upgrade guide and blog post.

I believe the version we have (or at least I have) is jquery-1.10.2.min

Back