• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Issue Installing

foto.lol

Chevereto Member
I've tried both the installer and the manual installation process. I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

I'm attempting to install on a fresh Debian 10 install. I've installed NGINX, PHP, and followed all instructions laid out by you.

Installer is throwing a "HTTP Request" error.... searching through the forums, i'm finding the recommendation is to do the manual installation. I've followed all steps laid out on the Ubuntu (as the link to the manual install from other posts is producing a 404 error), and now when I navigate to /installer.php im getting 502 gateway error.

22:00:00 Server foto.lol PHP 8.0.3

22:00:17 Valid license key

22:00:17 Software has been set to: chevereto

22:00:47 Database chevereto OK

22:01:15 Trying to detect cPanel .htaccess handlers (if any)

22:01:15 No .htaccess found

22:01:15 Downloading latest chevereto release

22:01:19 Downloaded chevereto-pkg-f9482b2f.zip (30.7 MB @9.79MB/s.)

22:01:19 Extracting chevereto-pkg-f9482b2f.zip

22:01:20 Extraction completeted (22330 files in 1.01s)

22:01:20 Creating app/settings.php file

22:01:20 Settings file OK

22:01:20 Performing system setup

22:01:21 Error performing HTTP request

22:01:21 Process aborted

[07-Apr-2021 05:01:21 UTC] Error performing HTTP request***#0 /var/www/html/foto.lol/installer.php(1172): Controller->submitInstallFormAction()
#1 /var/www/html/foto.lol/installer.php(1625): Controller->__construct()
#2 {main}

Installer is throwing a "HTTP Request" error....
The previous system rely in http working, which could fail for dozen reasons making the system not reliable and focus your solving attention in blaming Chevereto, not in actually fix the issue you are having. In this case, the installer tried to post at /install but it failed. Literally, is POST /install which is failing, not the "installer".

Go to /install and figure it out.

P.S. Thats why the installer has a cli api now, and that's why 3.19 is also adding cli install/update.

What do you mean “go to install and figure it out”? Why isn’t this covered in the documentation? Or if there’s something missing, why wouldn’t the installer say that instead of just failing?

What do you mean “go to install and figure it out”? Why isn’t this covered in the documentation?
The installer is another piece of software, is tooling. You can learn more here: https://github.com/chevereto/installer and if it fails, is likely that is because your system lacks of requirements to run the stuff, specially things that the installer can't detect, like POST /install which rely in HTTP working properly (rewrite also).

Relying in HTTP for submitting the install form was a mistake, it assumed that all installations won't ever have any HTTP issue and that have caused this concern many times already. In the future, the installer will be CLI only.

That's why you have to go to /install and continue the process there.

Back