• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Is Chevereto an appropriate choice for this use case?

denarius

Chevereto Noob
Hello, Chevereto strikes me as a very good app. I wonder if you might help me determine if it will suit my use case.

I want to share a gallery site with a team of image creators (mostly using AI generators) who are working towards refining several different topic/style combinations. We would want to tag images then view them as collections (or search results) by choosing multiple tags.

We don't need separate galleries for each creator. The quest is to collaborate on refining aesthetic choices for future image generations.

We do need:
1) multi-user uploading.
2) the ability to create multiple albums, with any individual image able to be in different albums.
3) the ability to tag images with multiple tags, and to generate albums/collections by selecting multiple tags.

I would prefer that our images be stored externally in my account at Publitio.

Could you please comment on whether or not Chevereto is an appropriate choice for this type of use?

Thanks!

1) multi-user uploading.
2) the ability to create multiple albums,
Yes, it does that.

with any individual image able to be in different albums.
No, it doesn't do that. Images are unique per album, some time ago I submitted a RFC for "collections" which are like albums but where you can collect content from others/your stuff. That got very low attention.

3) the ability to tag images with multiple tags, and to generate albums/collections by selecting multiple tags.
No, it doesn't support tags yet.

I would prefer that our images be stored externally in my account at Publitio.
I don't get why you would want to limit yourself to a single cloud storage reseller while you can plug it to a dozen external storage servers directly. Here, take a look: https://v4-admin.chevereto.com/features/external-storage.html

Could you please comment on whether or not Chevereto is an appropriate choice for this type of use?
We do offer private demo instances, you should try it and answer that yourself.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Back