• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Invite Only/Referrer Only Registration

ashkir

👽 Chevereto Freak
I would like a possibility to close the sign ups to Chevereto off to those that are friends of those that are already on the site. Invite only and having to be sent an invitation and accept it sounds like it'd be a great way to curb my growth to manageable level in the future.

I understand that. But, just a question. A lot of features (not this one obviously) have serious want from users from our services. But, they're not admins. How do we evaluate their opinions. I took a poll of my 2k users, and an overwhelmingly number asked for things, that pretty much got pushed off of Chevereto's road list. This is what is making me seriously considering hiring a developer to build a completely custom script to meet what my community wants.

I am nearing 500,000 images, 10 TB of traffic a month, and by the end of the year I'm a million of images. I completely cornered and dominated my market niche.

Now for this feature alone, I liked the diea of Referrer only registration, as an easy way to limit growth within my niche. I want my users to be the ones to invite others. By having this, referral only or code registration, it'd allow me to control my growth, and cut down on moderation from bots. Hell, like Reservo, I would pay $20-$50 for this as a plugin. Also for traction, you may notice, this request has one of the highest view counts of all requests here.

I'm sorry Rodolfo. You're an extremely talented developer. You have a massive roadmap, I understand. But, you are ignoring 99% of the requests for features, aren't coming from admins. Nearly everyone here cares about getting rich quick.

Last edited:
I liked the diea of Referrer only registration
What about disabling the registration feature and use the contact form to force new members to contact you for an account? You can add an user through the Dashboard and send them an email with a password. You could have a Referral box as well.

What about disabling the registration feature and use the contact form to force new members to contact you for an account? You can add an user through the Dashboard and send them an email with a password. You could have a Referral box as well.
Requires input from me and my busy schedule. It is a good alternative though.

Not until there is a separation of admin and moderator powers, I don't really trust giving another person the potential to change any account information and delete the entire site when I'm gone.

Now for this feature alone, I liked the diea of Referrer only registration, as an easy way to limit growth within my niche. I want my users to be the ones to invite others. By having this, referral only or code registration, it'd allow me to control my growth, and cut down on moderation from bots. Hell, like Reservo, I would pay $20-$50 for this as a plugin. Also for traction, you may notice, this request has one of the highest view counts of all requests here.

Agree 100% with all of the above. I cannot afford the time/money for abuse problems and excessive usage created by random users/bots on the internet, but would still like my site to be fully usable for a niche audience. Manually creating accounts is insecure, unprofessional and generally a hassle for everyone concerned. Moreover: I would like the option of giving my users invite codes to spread around (there are excellent reasons why Google and other major internet companies have launched new services this way).

@ashkir let me know if you find another product that does this or plan on hiring someone to create a mod that does this, maybe we can pool our resources.

A lot of features (not this one obviously) have serious want from users from our services. But, they're not admins. How do we evaluate their opinions. I took a poll of my 2k users, and an overwhelmingly number asked for things, that pretty much got pushed off of Chevereto's road list.

For me, every website owner counts as +1 regardless how big or small your community is. We are equal here, we value ideas, not sizes. If I start to pay more attention to those with big websites this script will become something less plural and that won't happen. Chevereto aims to be universal, not niche.

If chevereto ever gets a SSO with xenforo using universal plugin or something else. I don't need this feature to be honest.

But if SSO is out of question. Then +1 on invitations

SSO is on the roadmap and I can't understand the bond between this request and SSO anyway.

Back