• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Invite only & read only mode

JakeSully

👽 Chevereto Freak
💡Describe your suggestion

It would be nice to put site into a invitation mode only, where you can send out emails with invite code or links. To people you want only to be able to signup, while others without a code cannot signup.

Also why not add something like a read only mode, where staff can make site disabled for login and signups + uploads. Usefull if staff is doing changes to site that affects php end or database.
This is only when small changes will be done on site that won't require putting actual site into maintenance

👏Where did you saw this?

Saw other types of websites have got this mode. Which seemed to be usefull.

I would love a referral only/invite only system. We’re community based. I want to slow the growth of my site so I can focus on community more. By being invite only where members can send invites to other it makes the community more exclusive and it helps us plan for growth and variables.

I thought about this a bit more. I would like members to have a "limited number' of invites as well.

I ended up building this system myself. Still very much love it.

By implementing this I've seen:
1) Growth slowed to a managable level, since we're a community site. I'm not trying to compete and be a big everyone uploads site.
2) It stopped ALL spam registrations.
3) It lets people from OUR community invite people in OUR community.

The invite-only mode does not work well unless the site offers something unique. People will move to another chevereto-based host if the host is not community-driven like @ashkir own.

The invite-only mode does not work well unless the site offers something unique. People will move to another chevereto-based host if the host is not community-driven like @ashkir own.
Invite only mode isn't meant to run open community host. Idea is to only invite those you want to invite that is the idea of invite only mode.

Also why not add something like a read only mode, where staff can make site disabled for login and signups + uploads. Usefull if staff is doing changes to site that affects php end or database.
You will have to open a different RFC for this one. It could be purposed as "settings preset" and use it for several purposes, like read only, high privacy, etc.

Invite mode would be great. That's basically how I'm using my chevereto based website - for a very specific purpose and limited to a relatively small number of members.

Invite only mode isn't meant to run open community host. Idea is to only invite those you want to invite that is the idea of invite only mode.
I agree it works better with a community. It works well for my site, because, we do have one. For smaller or other sites it can help keep growth managable, keep it within friends, niche, etc.

Like for example a case scenario:
You run a football club. You can use it as invite only, and require people to login. You only invite team leaders. They post pics. They can then invite parents who can then view and add more pics.

Reactions: Emm
Back