• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Instead of uploadifiy, plupload!?

fordsho

Chevereto Member
I'd like to use the plupload system rather than uploadifiy which file require modification to get this done? :) Thanks

It's hard, I don't even know how does plupload works.

rain said:
Plupload would allow html5 uploading for those that don't run flash.

Well, html5 isn't supported by all browsers, flash is.

Limiting your website to users who have html5 browsers compatibility is not a very good idea, also editing the script to replace uplodify by pupload would be a major change, so I don't think it will really happen soon.

Danny.Domb said:
rain said:
Plupload would allow html5 uploading for those that don't run flash.

Well, html5 isn't supported by all browsers, flash is.

Limiting your website to users who have html5 browsers compatibility is not a very good idea, also editing the script to replace uplodify by pupload would be a major change, so I don't think it will really happen soon.

plupload uses html5, gears, silverlight, browserplus AND flash.

BTW I'm not asking for plupload, I only have one user that asked for a non flash solution.

But it might be a solution if Rodolfo wants to add more compatibily to its script and yep, it would be a major change.

Uploadify implementation was always the first choice because of how it works. It was way too easy to make a custom uploadify for Chevereto.

I also looked for other alternatives (mostly a non flash thing) but I believe that is too soon to run over plupload (or anything else) because html5 is still a fresh thing. In a certain point the default uploader will be changed but not too soon.

Anyway, uploadify is just the out of the box uploader but you can use plupload or whatever... There is just the fine print that you must know javascript.

Back