• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Installation via Docker

Barry

💖 Chevereto Fan
Attempting to install, and get this error on MAKE. What could be causing the 400 error?

root@server:~/docker# make image
📦 chevereto:4.0 (BASE chevereto)
👉 default V4.0 (www-data)
  • NOTE: Using [[ PAID ]] edition package
  • Downloading chevereto/v4 4.0 package
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 400
make: *** [Makefile:98: image] Error 22

400 means Bad Request, here's a graphic representation:

1711142674474.jpeg

It means that the key is wrong, double check you are using v4 key and also try using the .env file to store that so you don't need to enter it every time ;)

Damn! Rookie move on my side.

I was indeed using the V3 key, and not the V4.

The install seemed to complete OK, but now when I access my site, I get a generic 503 error (https://allthepics.net), and the certificate from Lets Encrypt does not appear to be valid.

Got it figured out. I was using Chevereto Factory installer, and not the pure docker. Not sure I understand the use case for the factory.

Factory is for spawning one or more Chevereto instances with everything included, the main difference is that factory comes with nginx proxy and several other tools like cron, updates, image building, etc. Is intended for novel users as it leverages everything, even the domain binding at CloudFlare. Its purpose is to enable users to provide multiple Chevereto installs with ease.

The pure Docker is basically raw container, suitable for your custom docker manager and setup, doesn't come with nginx or anything else really, is pure raw stuff.

Back